cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alway's on Broadband?

Azagoth
Grafter

Alway's on Broadband?

What a joke! In the last 15 minutes my connection has just cut out twice right in the middle of some important business.

Could someone please explain how this can be considered 'alway's on' when it quite blatently isn't?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Alway's on Broadband?

Could you provide some more information, then we may be able to help you.

Are you losing synch or just the connection to plusnet?
Discostoo
Grafter

Alway's on Broadband?

Could be many things, might even be locally based. Try rebooting your router, normally works for my issues.
Azagoth
Grafter

Alway's on Broadband?

Don't have a router, just the Voyager 105 modem.

It's just the connection that cut's out, if I try to re-connect straight away it does so. As you can imagine, when you're trying to have a video conversation with family in the States it's very frustrating.
Community Veteran

Alway's on Broadband?

Did it interrupt the job in hand, Cheesy so to speak?

ADSL is considered “always on” as you do not have connect each time to use it like old dial up connections. BB+ excepted.

Its does not however guarantee a continuous connection free of the occasional dropout. For that you would need a leased line.

Judging by other threads today there is a problem with some connections being dropped. I would open a ticket so that support are aware of the situation, as they do not routinely check the forums for fault reports.

Chilly
Azagoth
Grafter

Alway's on Broadband?

Did it interrupt the job in hand, Cheesy so to speak?

Not really, although it cause a friend over there to start spouting about how good his 1Gigabit connection is. :shock:
Community Veteran

Alway's on Broadband?

:lol: and we all argue over 4 and 8 meg!
Azagoth
Grafter

Alway's on Broadband?

Very true! I wouldn't know what to do with a 1Gb connection!

Although I must point out that he works for a small organisation called the USAF at a sandy piece of real-estate known as Nellis AFB. Therefore, the lucky git get's that connection for free.
Community Veteran

Alway's on Broadband?

USAF - United States Air Force?

I was just thinking with a 1 gb connection you'd exceed the sup in less than 2 minutes :shock:
Azagoth
Grafter

Alway's on Broadband?

Yeah, the US Air Force. He get's to fly those Predator Unmanned Aircraft for a living. All from the comfort of an armchair in an air-conditioned caravan!