cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All transfer to LLU have been stopped.

N/A

Hi

There is a new service announcement that there will be no new transfers to LLU ar present.

Its a pity this didn't happen before I got transferred without my knowledge earlier this week. :roll:

Apologies if there are posts about this already.
14 REPLIES
N/A

about time.

These guys rarely get anything right first time round.

What with the problmems with the GW that LLU customers connect to.

Ignoring opt-out, no notification email or anything when I was moved.I am due to go back to IPstream then leave these guys when my 1 year is up.
Community Veteran

I read on pug that before the annoncement regarding the halt to llu migrations, payg accounts were not being transfered to LLU.

I changed to payg with 6gb included as it was both cheaper and the blurb on the site said upto 24mb when avaliable, forever the optimist.

It appears that even before the change PN had stopped payg migrations despite advertising payg as upto 24mb when premier 1 is current upto 8, premier 2 upto 16 and premier 3 upto 24mb. The suggestion is now that these customers on potentially lower speed shall be llu'd first.

Infact the payg is at present the only only advertised package on the pn site with an upto 24mb speed.

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_payg.shtml

When the llu transfers start agian will pn be moving payg customers over or will the have either A) have to opt in or B) have to wait and see if there are enough spaces on the exchange to be upgraded after premier and plus users.

Many thanks.

A
N/A

Reading all the posts about problems with the LLU transfers i cant believe that Plusnet were still moving people without fixing the obvious problems. I was transfered last week without any notification and have had no connection since. I am lucky that i can access this forum from work and pick up my email telling me my migration had been succesful! otherwise i wouldn't have know what the problem was.
Community Veteran

The pn posts state that they have halted all further moves to llu at present, except those already processed which cannot be canceled.

Their posts also state that LLu transfers will still probably be taking place until week of 29th Aug as the lead in time from sending orders to final completion is a few weeks. The orders already sent, before the desion to halt, will suposedly completed during that week.

The halting of llu migrations is due the problems and is to try and sort them out.

A
N/A

So if they are not transfering any new customers perhaps they can concentrate on the people who have problems a little quicker.I appreciate they are having problems, but a week or more is unacceptable by most peoples standards. What is also anoying is they won't offer a refund or any other compensation for the loss of service.
Community Veteran

That is the main reason they have stopped the LLU upgrades. There are a lot of outstanding issues which need to be resolved before PN will consider restarting it again.
Community Veteran

Tracymark:

You may wish to read the updated forum post:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46739

A
N/A

Thanks for the link, at last we are begining to get somewhere, thankyou Plusnet for finally agreeing to the refunds, but i would rather have my connection back!! Smiley
Community Veteran

Come on “traceymark” get back behind us in the queue, I have now been waiting over three week for PlusNet to sort out my connection since a failed LLU.

Chilly
N/A

any of you guys are having connection problems on LLU PM me you dsl line number and Ill get my contact in tiscali NOC to have a look at your line. I cant guarantee a fix but I can at least get it proved onto PN side if the problem lies there
Community Veteran

sn00kie, While that does sound helpful, in the long run it is PN/Tiscali that need to sort these problems out and any delays/problems with the communication may be compromised if some third party makes a change to the line. I'm also not sure your Tiscali contact would be authosised to make any changes if they were necessary so what benefit would this give?
Community Veteran

Thanks for the kind offer sn00kie, but my connection has been transferred back to BTw. Or at lease it should have been, I am currently in limbo, just a guess but it looks like my connection has been transferred back, but not re-patched at the exchange.

Chilly
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's good to hear PlusNet have done the right thing, given the number of postings I've read on here there are still many problems. It's a shame it's taken months for them to do anything but at least now they have.

I actually wonder how much cash this agreement with Tiscali has actually saved them in the long run, given the increased costs of support for people with no/an unreliable connection and moving people back to IPStream.
N/A

A case of too little too late really...

LLU from Tiscali was a bad idea, although I don't have any evidence to say LLU with another provider would have been a better option, based solely on their reputation which is quite legendarly bad in the online UK community.

So what happens if these problems cannot be sorted out? Will all of us who are suffering LLU be moved back to old stable 2mb connection (can't exactly be MAXed when that's not working either :roll: ) at PN's cost? How long do we have to wait and suffer bad speeds and connection dropouts?

Personally I just want my stable 2mb line back. Occasionally I get a better speed with LLU but this isn't constant and most of the time it dips below even 1mb!

PN in your rush to save costs and leap into bed with Tiscali you may have screwed your entire business. Are we learning yet...?