cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All our yesterdays

lenseman
Grafter

All our yesterdays

Today I placed an order with the Plusnet shop for a Router, Tonight I was rather disturbed to find out that I should have recieved it a long time ago.

Dear Mr John ******,

Your Plusnet shop order is on its way to you. The delivery details for
this are below.

Dispatch details
----------------
Dispatch number: **********
Expected delivery date: 1st of January 1970
Order status: Dispatched

I wonder if the two year warranty will still be honoured?

John B. Cheesy
15 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

All our yesterdays

Thanks for pointing that out, I've raised it as internal problem 40365 for the developers to look into.
lenseman
Grafter

All our yesterdays

Just goes to prove Dave, if its on the shelf it's obsolete.

What was the VAT rate in them day's or was it still purchase tax then?

Will I get a refund for late delivery?

John B. :lol:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

All our yesterdays

It was still pounds, shillings and pence then wasn't it? So we'd probably be looking at refund of 3/6 or something Smiley
Fixes: 115

All our yesterdays

Of course, back then it would have been useless anyway Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

All our yesterdays

It'd be like being in Life on Mars.
carrot63
Grafter

All our yesterdays

It'd be like being in Life on Mars.

And beer'd be about 10p a pint! Cheesy
lenseman
Grafter

All our yesterdays

And beer'd be about 10p a pint!

I'll drink to that :lol:

I have just realised, I would have still been married to my first wife!! after all this time forgetting the link:censored and then you remind me of her, :shock:

Come on Plusnet sort your dates out I am not going through that again Shockedops:

John B.

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs): Although meant in jest and in as part of the general discussion. I have removed an offensive word due to this being a family forum.]

Tom, the word you censored was 'Bitch'. this word does not fall into the context of 'Personal abuse, swearing or racism.' referred to in the link in your moderators note.

Therefore I await your apology.

John B.
N/A

All our yesterdays

And beer'd be about 10p a pint!

I have just realised, I would have still been married to my first wife!! after all this time forgetting the bitch and then you remind me of her, :shock:
John B.

a few beers at 10 a pint will sort it out Cheesy
sam
Grafter

All our yesterdays

lol willowspix,

If we are going back to 1970, my parents were still at school and I wasn't even a twinkle in my fathers eye.
lenseman
Grafter

All our yesterdays

Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs): Although meant in jest and in as part of the general discussion. I have removed an offensive word due to this being a family forum.

Come on Tom grow up, at my age I have had enough of the PC brigade.

What do you call a female canine?

Clue: The male is called a 'Dog'. Was that offensive or are you being sexist?

Just to educate someone of your tender years:

Bitch comes from Old English bicce[2] which may be from Old Norse bikkjuna.[1] These uses refer to a female dog, a meaning the modern English word retains. It is not known whether English bitch and French biche (meaning fawn as well as bitch) are related.[2]

I personally find your over zealous 'Nannie' type attitude far more offensive. There are many words I could have used which are really offensive, but I refrained.

I only seldom use this forum due to moderators like yourself who like to attempt re-educating some of us.

Recently I have become disgusted with Plusnets service, but after communicating with one of their staff things were resolved and I was prepared to carry on with them has my ISP. Following your post and censorship I will consider requesting my MAC in the next few weeks to disassociate myself from Plusnet completely, thus preventing any further censorship from moderators like you on this forum.

John B
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

All our yesterdays

Dispatch number: **********
Expected delivery date: 1st of January 1970
Order status: Dispatched

Ah - classic bug that, somewhere a zero is being used as the double which would usually represent the number of seconds past then.

I know Smiley
lenseman
Grafter

All our yesterdays

Ah - classic bug that, somewhere a zero is being used as the double which would usually represent the number of seconds past then.

I stands back in total amazement at your command of a foreign language!!

If I translate it, would it mean somebody dropped a clanger during programming the software?

P.S To save any offence to the PC brigade a 'Clanger' is the 'Dinger' in a bell. Cheesy

John B.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

All our yesterdays

Yep exactly.
Look at my profile and what I do - story of my life Smiley

Not just PlusNet that suffers from them - looking at various clangers in our software at the minute.
N/A

All our yesterdays

Now in theory if someone could go back in time and pickup the router and patent it in the 1970's they would become a millionaire in the presant time.
curses ! If only my Temporal Mechanics was up to scratch.