cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All email prior to Friday 03 Nov missing!

N/A

In one email account (the one used most of course!) all email prior to 15:00 on Friday has just GONE.
All the personal folders and contents has disappeared too.

I've seen someone else here report this in the thread about slow email, and someone else over on the PlusNet user group, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this?

Raised a "Question" about it and got a reply back saying they had recently archived everything over 6 months old, but this is not old email - this is frequently accessed and very-much current email that has just been wiped out.
Replied stating this but no update since...

Anyone else noticed a similar thing?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yup, exactly the same here. Anything proir to friday has dissapeared. If it was only stuff older than 6 months I wouldn't be particularly concerned as I have a local backup of that; but I've not set up a backup routine for my emails since switching to imap....
csogilvie
Grafter

The 6month thing was only for accounts which hadn't picked up their email in that time - not for old email on active accounts.
N/A

Well, I'm guessing it's something to do with this:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50516

Although no-one has said so in reply to the Question I raised...
N/A

Edit:
Looks like I spoke too soon.

Well the Contents of the Inbox is back, and the Folders are back, but the Folders are still empty.

Assuming this is still in the process of being fixed -
Can anyone recommend a mail client that I can use to pull the messages from webmail, and retain (so that I can use my own backups)...?