cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All email disappeared

N/A

All email disappeared

I have raised a ticket on this, but was interested if other people were suffering the same problem.

W98SE, Outlook Express 6, IMAP

I leave mail on the server, because I need to access it via web mail when away from home.

Last night (14/06/2004), I started Outlook as normal, saw my emails in the background behind the username/password prompt. When I type in the password and clicked OK, all my emails disappeared !

Highly concerned, due to the valuable nature of these emails, I took the normal steps, confirming inbound/outbound settings etc. Resorted to rebooting PC, in case it was PC crash at my end.

My emails were still gone. I checked using Web Mail from iexplorer, my emails are definately gone.

New emails do not appear in my mail either. I have tested sending emails from different accounts. Even the response from CS did not appear in my inbox.

Has anyone else suffered these same problems?
6 REPLIES
N/A

All email disappeared

BTW: Customer support did ask the obligatory question;

"Are you sure the mail client was correctly set up and didn't mistakenly download or delete your previously stored mail"

I suspect they include me as well as Outlook in the phrase mail client
NormanB
Dabbler

All email disappeared

Yeah there has been some weirdness going on with email.

I preview mine with mailwasher and have never had a problem - today I previewed as usual but on downloading with Outlook one had disappeared - and no I had not set up a delete in MW.

NormanB
N/A

All email disappeared

Problem fixed by CS, here is their note;

Sent 'auto_configure' signal to ALL components
jberry
Grafter

All email disappeared

Hi there,

There is no reason for mails to be removed. They may be temporarily unavailable for a couple of minutes when you are being moved from the old storage onto the new storage but other than that you shouldn't have any missing mail.

If you have lost mail then there is nothing we can do but let me know anyway so that we can ensure it does not happen again.

Regards,
N/A

All email disappeared

Josh,

REF: Ticket ID: 12124621 (now fixed)

Thanks for your reply, it appears my mails were temporarily unavailable for my default mailbox. Temporarily lasted about 3 days.

I could access my other 2 named mailboxes during this period. These only contained 1 or 2 mails.

The 'auto_configure' issued by CS seemed to correct the problem, I can now view all 150 of my emails in the default mailbox. Incidently, when I could see them all again, Outlook flagged them all as new mails. (I use IMAP).

Regards,
Shaun
jberry
Grafter

All email disappeared

In that case it is likely that you have moved onto the new storage (have you noticed that IMAP is considerably faster - I use it myself and I found this) and as such your mail client got a bit confused about the messages being new or not.

Regards,