cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I wish to do is just surf :(

N/A

For days speeds have been so pathetic I'd be better off on ntlworld dialup again. This is getting to be beyond a joke. 5minutes I'm sitting here waiting for pages to fire up, and its been like this for a solid week now. I'm only complaining now because I've put aside some time to look or try to look at potential gifts and I can't do a thing. Why am I paying £21.99 for this drivel?

I never had these problems at Pipex, despite the fact that their CS was so poor.

15 REPLIES
N/A

Are you being capped or something? The Argos site loads almost instantly here on a PN 2mbit.
N/A

Doubt it, hardly downloaded much at all this month. The cap is for p2p anyways. This very reply box took 2mins just to appear.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Just an FYI, the cap applies to ALL traffic, not just P2P
N/A

Ah yeah, my bad. Keep forgetting that. Either way I'm no where near the 100gb limit so far. No idea what to do tbh.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Me neither, and the speeds aren't near as good as the speed tests indicate either ...

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp
ChrisR
Grafter

Spyware may be bogging your system down.

Is your computer clean?
N/A

Always, i'm an IT techy so i'll right away know if something's hit my machine. Only thing I can think of is it's either mine line/exchange or something at plusnuts end. Can't be my line as it's quite a new one and has been perfect so far.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Spyware may be bogging your system down.

Is your computer clean?

Definately not spyware m8 Wink
Ommin
Grafter

Re: All I wish to do is just surf :(

For days speeds have been so pathetic I'd be better off on ntlworld dialup again.

Same here. I am on PAYG, computer is free of spyware and my exchange is showing green. If it continues for much longer I will be having a look around for another ISP.
N/A

everything is fine here on premeir.

ITs either a fault at your ends or 1 of the hamsers is tired.

Try reconnecting. May be a bad gateway
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Think it's the hamsters in my case atleast as nothings been changed in well over 3 months, and the speed issues only started around 2-3 weeks or so ago (doesn't bother me too much atm though as I've far too many more important things to be concerned about)
retep
Grafter

Just wondering, but if you visit popular sites (at busy times), however much bandwidth you have. You get a slow reply if the site is busy.

I always avoid the Radio audio sites between 6 and 7pm for instance.
N/A

What browser is that you're using? Is it Firefox? If so, thats a rather nifty skin you've got for it!
Can you get that on the mozilla site?
N/A

It's the SAFire theme on deviantart. Best theme I've come across.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/19147285/