All I wanted was to pay PN more money.

N/A

"Ticket: 17608956

2005-09-21
15:55:26
You

I'm on "Broadband Premier up to 2MB".

I now note that services are essentially 'capped'. I feel I should have been notified of this rather than having to discover for myself on your website.

I am concerned that at certain times of the year I might go over my 'allowance' and should therefore change to another product and pay a little more.

I think I should upgrade to the 4MB product, but my line (after my exchange upgrade) may or may not support a MAX of 2MB and no more (currently 1MB). Therefore I will not need a 'speed' upgrade - so will I avoid having to pay a re-grade fee?

Please advise.

2005-09-22
19:45:41

Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr
The 4MB service is not yet available, however when it does and you wish to upgrade then a one-off regrade fee is applicable.

Regards,

2005-10-03
15:46:28
You
Assigned :

So you say you do not have a product that fits my needs.

Actually I think you have not correctly read my initial query, but you're the experts. Smiley

1.) Please accept this as 30 days notice to cancel the broadband product I am on.

2.) Please re-grade me to Dialup PAYG Standard. I will need to wean people off my Plusnet email address.

3.) I do NOT require a MAC code - but I DO require you to release my line please.

Many thanks.

Regards - "

You've got to laugh, otherwise it would be too depressing really! Smiley

*Names removed from ticket text*

Prior to August there was a really great guy at PN who did all the joined-up-thinking. Which ISP is he working for now? I'd like to follow him!

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): BBCode tags removed from title as they don't work there]
5 REPLIES
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

A few weeks ago, I upgraded from 21.99 BB premier "up to 2Mb" to the 29.99 BB premier" up to 4Mb" package (I had previously been on this 29.99 package sans the FUP fiasco) for NO UPGRADE FEE AT ALL..

My line, I am told, will prolly never get any better than 1Mb even after BT do their thing to my exchange - if they ever do Wink

I was quite willing to upgrade *back* to the package I was on before, as that gave me a higher "cap". I may still want to upgrade to the "up to 8Mb" package if I feel that I still don't have enough d/l capacity.

I would hope that plusnet wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and take my extra money for *almost* nothing extra in return from them.

Dave...happy with the service...so far...
N/A

Hi vortex2k4.

I think the support agent in this case has misunderstood your request.

You should be able to upgrade your account and an upgrade which involves an increase in monthly payment should not be subject to a regrade fee.

Perhaps, before you action your migration, one of the Comms team could rectify this for you. Provided you are willing. Smiley
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

I was going to post something about a possible misunderstanding with the agent in question, but I see pcsni already said that Smiley

Anyway, please check your ticket, as I've added a response on there for you.
N/A

Thanks for clearing that up, but I shall move on anyway - I'd like to move my ADSL service to another line anyway and just needed a shove to get on with it.

I shall also take the opportunity to try a different ISP - though I've determined never again to broadcast the email addy that comes with an ISP, so that moving around becomes painless.

1 months notice, 1 month with new ISP, another months notice - hey I could be back here in 3 months, who knows?

More seriously, it is my perception that PN's methods of implementing changes in the last few months has damaged peoples regard for it. I'm sorry to say it has certainly played some part in my move.

Take care.
Metalguru
Grafter

Re: [b]All I wanted was to pay PN more money.[/b]

1.) Please accept this as 30 days notice to cancel the broadband product I am on.

2.) Please re-grade me to Dialup PAYG Standard. I will need to wean people off my Plusnet email address.

3.) I do NOT require a MAC code - but I DO require you to release my line please.

Hi Vortex2k4

I am trying to do exactly this (as above) at the moment.

You will find it best to "Cancel" one day before your monthly payment.

The reason why is contained in a long and weary thread of mine entitled "Shall I cancel my standing order".

If your interested you only need read the last few pages as I have summarised the matter there (in order to clarrify the issue for Sheffield Trading Standards).

It all concerns the differances +net are applying to a Cancellation, as opposed to a Migration.