cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Cancellation ?

AndyMan
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

What happens after an account with PN has been cancelled ? Do you loose access to email straight away or is there a period where you can still access your PN email account ?

Not sure how many things I have registered with my PN email and dont want to loose them all ...
22 REPLIES
N/A

After Cancellation ?

Hi there,

PlusNet generally change the account status to a payg dial account which will keep your email alive. The only requirement for this is that you either log into webmail once every 90 days or collect you email by pop3 during the same period.

It wouldnt do any harm confirming your account status with the CSC, as cancelling might convey more than a simple migration.
Mand
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

Hi there

If you cancel your account outright, email and the like would be removed immediately. If you migrate out there is usually a delay before we receive the notification from BT, during which time your account and email would remain active.

If you wish you could downgrade to a PAYG dial up account, there are no subscription fees and you would continue to access mail and the portal. You can then ensure that everyone you need to contact has your new email address, and check it periodically for anyone you may have missed. After 90 days of inactivity this would be removed, allowing you to phase it out gradually.
Mand
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

Must learn to type faster Cheesy
AndyMan
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

All I really want is for plus to realease my line so I can pay a real ISP to put right the damage they have done and return my connection. If I downgrade to PAYG will they release my line ? I cant go for a MAC cos of the LLU thing ...
Mand
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

Hi

You can obtain an LLU MAC if your new ISP will accept them, or alternatively you can request a cease of your ADSL, and a downgrade to dial up PAYG as detailed previously.
AndyMan
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

Thanks for the reply ... The only ISP with LLU on my exchange is Tiscali so I cant go tthe MAC route. Have asked about cancelling broadband and going to dialup PAYG. Its a shame it has had to come to this as PN used to be the best ...

BTW , it seems the support team have now responded to all my outstanding tickets .. Cheesy .. by closing them as I am cancelling ...
AndyMan
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

Anyone know how long it will take for PN to cancel the broadband and release the line ?
Community Veteran

After Cancellation ?

It doesn't necessarily have to be an LLU company you move to, LLU MACS allow you to move to normal IPSTREAM with BT wholesale and LLU companies, however with the LLU MAC being new and still being tested few ISPs know about them or accept them.
AndyMan
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

It doesn't necessarily have to be an LLU company you move to, LLU MACS allow you to move to normal IPSTREAM with BT wholesale and LLU companies, however with the LLU MAC being new and still being tested few ISPs know about them or accept them.

Thanks , I understand that but really just want the quickest way out of PN broadband , I know a cease and reprovide will cost money but I am prepared to pay it rather than pay PN any more for broadband.
shellsong
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

All I really want is for plus to realease my line so I can pay a real ISP to put right the damage they have done and return my connection...

First find a "real ISP"! I suspect that may be harder than you think and they all end up at that nexus of spaghettied cables-- the BT Exchange!

"Oy Bert, where's this one supposed to go?" "Dunno Charlie, stuff it in the Tiscali LLU box until someone complains!"

(Or am I doing the poor overworked, frazzled BT engineers a disservice?)
AndyMan
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

Plusnet have offered to put me back on ipstream max , which I will be very happy with .. Having been a customer for 3 years (most of these on a homeworker account to get the 2mb when it was first available) I have never had a problem except LLU .. I was one of the fortunate ones to get maxed (ipstream) without a problem.

It shows that if you stick at it then CS will eventually try to sort it .. Thanks to the CS agent who has offered to put me back (you know who you are... ) ...
Mand
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

Hi there

I've given the request a nudge for you, and added some further info to your ticket.
N/A

After Cancellation ?

Why are you ignoring a customer of 4 years? Ticket ID: 20148464. I've been messed around with LLU as well. The only option seems to cancel my broadband.

Could someone from CS look at my ticket, this has been going on for 3 weeks.
AndyMan
Grafter

After Cancellation ?

"Unfortunatley there has been a delay due to technical difficulties with the supplier and they are unable to generate MAC keys at the moment.

We have been advised by the supplier to hold any MAC requests at the until the issue has been resolved. Once we have been given confirmation from the suppliers that the issue has been resolved we can then proceed as normal.

We apologies for this delay and any inconvenience this may cause.

I can assure we are working closely with the supplier to ensure we are kept up to date and resolution is met promptly.

Regards,
"
Tiscali strike again ....

Thought things seemed to be going to well ... Anyone know what delay it is and how long it is likely to take Huh?