cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity Internet

N/A

Affinity Internet

Not long after obtaining my DSL service through +net, I noticed The Register had setup there own ISP. Prices where simalar, and a few other bits.

I also noticed that the way things where layed out on the web-site where the same (at the time, though certain espects remain the same).

Aditionaly, during the major network upsets when the Redback units where brought in, the service status pages on both sites, matched like for like.

As such, I had a feeling, there was some form of relation between the two services.

Today, doing some tests, much of the service provided by +net, is very near the same to the Register. The usernet servers are run off of exactly the same machine (IP match). E-mail runs in the same area.

How did I come to look? I remember Affinity had gone titsup.com, and the reg are looking to make sure there asses are covered, seeing as the service was provided by them.

Can support tell us the relationship, and how you stand on this whole issue regarding service?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Affinity Internet

> Can support tell us the relationship, and how you stand on this whole issue regarding service?
Hi there,
Affinity approached PlusNet for a number of network and backend "visp" style services for some of their virtual ISPs.
PlusNet are not affected by the recent events as we are an entirely different company. We are offering all customers on Affinity vISPs part-managed by ourselves free migration across to our service - you can find some information regarding this on the front page of ADSLGuide (http://www.adslguide.org.uk).
Regards,
Mike Grice
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

RE: Affinity Internet

Thanks.

I havn't looked at ADSLguide for a while, until this morning while testing some new DSL hardware.

It will teach me to wait for ages before posting.