cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional mysql database for a monthly fee...

N/A

While I can do everything I need with one database it would be useful from a tidiness and integrity/security perspective to be able to buy additional databases...

This fee could either be a small monthly excess with the total space available not increasing or for an extra fee you get the full allowance for both databases.

Ideally as well it shouldn't be limited to two databases. Each password should be different.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

solstans i don't know if it's any use to you but there is a site that offers free mysql hosting - i used it for a while whilst developing my upgrades checker.

http://freesql.org
N/A

Not really - I'd like to keep it somewhere I can get shell access from.

In addition to my original idea here is an expansion of it (based on a post I made on the buisness prices thread):-

Offer a basic connection service without the hosting features. As per now this should be in three levels: Pay as you go, Plus and Premier.

Then for a low monthly cost (making the total about the same as it is now) offer:-
Basic Webhosting
Basic Webhosting + CGI + MySQL + Frontpage

For a higher monthly cost offer:-
Advanced Webhosting (CGI/Mysql/Frontpage) - which comes with SLA's and backups taken by PN - customers though should still make their own as a additional safe guard.

Any other service 'bundles' can then be offered as needed.
craigbrass
Grafter

I suggested all these back in 2003 shortly after I joined. Nothing was done...
N/A

:lol: Typical.
craigbrass
Grafter

Yup Yup. As I keep saying, Ideas and Suggestions need to be managed better by the comms team!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

This has been looked at in the past as idea 2309. This idea was accepted, but hasn't progressed as yet.
craigbrass
Grafter

Oh, I see, any idea when it will progress?