cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Payment Types for One Off Payments

N/A

I would like to ask if it is possible to offer additional payment types for one off payments

I ask, because yet again I have been offered the chance to upgrade to the 1Mb ADSL service 'for a reduced price' but am unable to even consider this as I only have a Solo card, which +net do not currently accept.

I can use my card almost everywhere else now (including to pay my BT bill online) so I have no need for anything else, apart from with +net

I apologise if this has been raised before.
5 REPLIES
N/A

You could send a cheque to PlusNet.

They will credit your account, and such credit can be used for payments like this.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

For a one off payments I think they can still take solo/switch. Just they cant for monthly payments, as they need an authorisation each month by us to legally use it which is cumbersum, so they stoped allowing them.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
csogilvie
Grafter

I actually think it was their bank that stopped them from taking recurring monthly payments through Switch/Solo
N/A

I telephoned plusnet support today to sort out payment of a failed Direct Debit (my banks fault) and was told 'we do not accept solo for telephone transactions' , this was the reason I raised this issue.

Oh and in comment to the post about the cheques, again through choice, I have no cheque option on my bank account, so cannot send a cheque for the one off payments.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Unfortunately we are restricted by the bank as to what payment methods we can take. For continuous payments these are Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Direct Debit. For one off payments (and customer's who authorise the payment each month) Switch and Delta.

We've never been able to take a Solo (although some people have entered them as Switch previously and they sometimes worked when the shouldn't) and by the nature of the card I don't think we ever will.

We can generally accept a cheque, but if this isn't an option do you know anyone else that can make the payment for you?