cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add days gone by bar to view my usage page.

retep
Grafter

What about adding a new bar below the usage this month bar on the View My Usage page.

The new bar would be the same length as the usage this month and split into the number of days in the period (30 or 31) with the days already past coloured and the current day grey.

It would tell at a glance if you were above or below average useful for PAYG especially.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Brist,

I'm not sure I fully understand what your actually getting at, since if you click display this months usage it does pretty much what you've said.
csogilvie
Grafter

I think its an 'at a glance' view of how much of this month has gone by that he's asking for, so that he doesn't need to click to view the months usage and then work it out from the tables (or Date Maths)
retep
Grafter

Take a simple example say 3Gb a month usage showing on a 30 day accounting period to keep it simple.

The key to it is that the full 'usage this month bar' at 3Gb and the full 30 'days so far bar' would be the same length.

On day 15 the 'days so far' bar is half way across the screen, if the usage this month bar is longer, that is anywhere past half way, if you keep up the current level of use you are going to go over.

Its trivial but if its easy to do, it might look good on the screen too and be helpful - if people know what it is.
Community Veteran

I see, so like an at a glance veiw of whether you will exceed the SUP or not?
retep
Grafter

Well certainly an at a glance view, as for SUP that depends what it is, its just another TLA = Three Letter Abreviation to me.
Community Veteran

SUP - sustainable usage policy ;-)