cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

N/A

Activation

Hi all,

I ordered 512kb with plusnet on Monday. The order was held until Wednesday as the exchange wasnt live till then. My order has been passed to BT on Thursday.

My question is shouldnt I have a activation date by now, or is this a bad sign?

I did speak to BT on Friday regarding my order as I wanted to confirm that everything was ok so that I could start the balls rolling to cancel my other phone line, and I was advised that the completion date isnt till the 3rd of June. I am under the impression that this date should be passed to me by plusnet, but nothing is showing in the "adsl tracker"

Is this normal?

Thanks

Steve
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Activation

Only PlusNet can answer this one. I suggest you raise a contact us ticket explaining what you did and see if they can answer your Q.
lhorwath
Grafter

Activation

Hi there,

Unfortunately our automated process has not had the confirmation date returned from BT. Then bank holiday could well be a factor in this. Anywau, I have checked on BT's database and your order is going through ok, the date they have for activation is 03/06/2004.

kind regards

Luke
N/A

Activation

Thanks Luke,

I have been waiting years for BB and i am glad everything is ok.

Another question. Is the 3rd the the date my line will be active or could it activate before?

Thanks

Steve
lhorwath
Grafter

Activation

That's the date BT will complete the work. We generally advise another 24 hours for the confirmation to get to us then for us to activate your account. However, if you connect your modem up on the 3rd, as soon as the "sync" light (aka link, showtime or ADSL) light becomes solid, by connecting, it should tell our RADIUS servers that your line is active and your account will automatically be switched on. If after 30 minutes you are still getting a username/password error, please give our support team a call and we can investigate further for you.

kind regards

Luke
N/A

Activation

Hey luke, thanks again for ur info.

I have spoken to BT just to confirm (cant u tell i want bb lol)

The only thing she could tell me as she isnt Bt Wholesale is that the order is in its final stages and its very likely that the only work left done is the work at the exchange.

However she couldnt tell me if the line length and signal passed. Have you got that information?

Steve
Ianwild
Grafter

Activation

Hi Steve,

We don't get that information, however the fact that BT haven't rejected the order is the best indication you will have that everything is going smoothly.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Activation

Thanks Ian for ur fast reply.
N/A

Activation

Hey guys...sorry to keep bothering you all again, but i now have a activation date.

Activation Date
The provisional date set for BT to activate ADSL on your line is:
04th Jun 2004 - After 12pm

Please note that this date may change, depending on the circumstances at your local exchange.

A little later than i thought but nvm. Does this 100% confirm that my line is ok for adsl, if so I can start the process to cancel my second phone line and current isp.

Also, I understand my line could be active before that date..Lets hope lol...Off now to stare at my sync light lol
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Activation

Hi,

The reason for the delay may just be because of the bank holiday weekend. If BT hadn't allocated a commit date by about 11am on Friday then would know until today.

The fact that you have a commit date means that the line has passed all of the initial checks. I wouldn't say 100% that ADSL will be activated but you're as near as can be.

We do often find that the frame work at the exhange is done early so keep an eye on that flashing light.
Community Veteran

Activation

There are never any guarantees from BT until they confirm your line is actually activated - there could still be a problem even at this late stage which could either mean you can't have ADSL (bad line) or it is delayed. So I would hold off cancelling your other line until you are actually activated AND working with your ADSL equipment.
N/A

Activation

Thanks for your feedback guys

*off to gaze at the flashing sync light again*
ScoUK
Grafter

Activation

Hi steve,

Don't mean to rub too much salt in the DSL wound, but my exchange (Lhanbryde) was also enabled on wednesday.. Similarly I had an order places with PlusNET and had/have an acitvation date for this friday.. However because I already had a DSL router I found that I was up and running last saturday! just a few days after the exchange was enabled! V impressive work.

Thanks PlusNET!

--
Al
N/A

Activation

Now that is rubbing it lol

Hopefully this damn light will stop flashing lol
N/A

Activation

Well got in at 2pm and my sync light isnt flashing lol.

I am now surfing the www at 512kbs lol

Thanks Plusnet