cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of ADSL problems

N/A

Im waiting on my ADSL Broadband Premier getting activated, checking the tracker and it says
checking your line > Our initial checks have highlighted some details that have prevented us from ordering ADSL on your telephone line.

It changed from this back to normal progress then back to this again? I ordered this on Saturday and hope to get it activated before the end of the week.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

if you havent already done so, check the tickets in Contact Us relating to your account to see if there is further information and instructions. Failing that ring support on 0845 1400200.
N/A

Thanks, the ticket says this basically

Unfortunately we are unable to submit your order at present as our test shows that incompatible products exist on this line. Common reasons for this are;

Non BT lines New BT lines Existing ADSL services Some alarm systems using the phone line (Redcare) Some call restrictions (Incoming calls only) Switchboards or non PSTN lines

We just moved in and got our a new number but on our line, there are none of these incompatible products
N/A

It is possibly the fact that it is a new line. BT are notoriously slow at updating the various databases. BT Retail may have it listed however BT Wholesale's systems may not have caught up.

Reply or raise a ticket asking what to do next or ring them for details.

Welcome to the forums by the way.
N/A

Thanks for the replies,
I noticed this ticket at the bottom which seems to be the last issued

Account has been processed by ADSL In Progress script

The ADSL commit date is:- 09/08/2005

Customer Activation Date will be after 12pm on the 10/08/2005

However the tracker is still showing Problem status?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I think the fact that it's a new line has caused the problem, the order itself is in progress and should be done by the date in that ticket.
N/A

Hi,

Just because the activation date is stated in the ticket, don't raise you hopes too high.

BT have to activate the line and mine is over 10 days late thus far. I have waited about 10 years for this so I suppose a couple of extra days shouldn't be that bad to bear.
Cry
Cheers.
Chris.