cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date?

N/A

Activation date?

Hey.

I ordered premier broadband 2mb on Monday 13th. It's currently on the activating stage still, has been since monday night I think.
I'm not too worried about when it will be activated, although I'm really hoping it'll be running tomorrow at the latest, seeing as my 56k on the upstairs line will be cut off then.
I've been checking each morning and evening with my wireless modem and router box. Link light is still blinking so the ADSL isn't active yet.

But the point of my post is to ask about what I've heard other people saying.
Many have said they got an "Activation date" or something. Where exactly does this appear? Also do BT phone and say when the line has been activated?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Activation date?

Hi,

Welcome to the boards.

your method of payment will determine the speed of activation.

If you choose to pay by direct debit only, then you will see a delay while this gets set up. If you have made your first payment by Credit or debit card then i should have expected you to have at least a provisional date for activation by know.

In the meantime you can use your Plus Net 0845 back up number when your current dial up terminates.
N/A

Activation date?

Argh!

Apparently BT have said we can't get 2mb on this line.
Even though I've checked on the BT site, another adsl checking site which said this is a 2mb area and I'm also less than 1km from the exchange.
It's a new line too so it should meet all the standards for 2mb.
I guess I should of expected this from BT, seeing as it took them 2 weeks to get our new line working :roll:

I'm hoping it's some sort of mistake, otherwise it means another weeks worth of waiting.

thanks for your reply.
N/A

Activation date?

If this is a new activation I understood that BT would provide at the maximum your line will support and not simply fail to provide if the line cant support 2mb.

The product you have ordered is up to 2mb.

Plus Net may be able to progress this manually if the automatic system is causing it to stall.

I take it you have spoken to the support team?
N/A

Activation date?

Yeah, I've got into contact with support.
They're going to order 1mb, I just hope this goes through okay.

I'm not blaming plus.net at all, I just thought seeing as there's 2mb in the area bt would provide it to us. I just hope it's avaliable in the future.

Thanks again.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Activation date?

Hi,

I placed your order earlier on this afternoon.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Activation date?

Many thanks to all the customer support people for sorting things out so quickly!