Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquisition Discussion

Ben_Brown
Grafter

Acquisition Discussion

To discuss this thread here:

Plusnet is pleased to announce the purchase Parbin, which trades as Metronet.

We have done this as part of our growth strategy and the reason that we have selected Metronet is that they have grown organically, have a good reputation and sell a good quality product at great prices, therefore fit with our business model.

This will not have an effect on our customer base at all and is a further strengthening of PlusNet plc.

The benefits will include adding further capacity to the network and additional investment which will continue to improve things for everyone.

The Metronet brand will remain and those customers will not have to make changes to account names or email addresses.
17 REPLIES
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

Metronet lists lower prices than plusnet, but also advertises unlimited with no caps or traffic shaping, as per the plusnet policies this is not a sustainable usuage model.

1. Will plusnet adjust the prices to become in line with their own packages?
2. Will the metronet users be forced to accept any changes to T&C's? or will existing customer be allowed to remain in the current packages i.e. no CAP, shaping etc?
JonathanW
Grafter

Acquisition Discussion

Hi,

In the short term, nothing will be changing with regards to the products that Metronet customers are on.

Though longer term, there will have to be some changes, as we bring the products more into line with those that we offer. There will be some shaping introduced, so that we can continue to deliver time sensitive data as swiftly as possible during busy times.
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

Hello Jon,

If the aquisition of MetroNet means more infrastructure is aquired & more users i.e. bigger user base. Does that mean F9 PlusNet will have more pipes, routers,switches, servers,etc,etc and if I assume that will be the case does that help take pressure OFF your SUP or not? on the other hand it adds more users?? In other words is it a blessing indisguise or positive migrain ontop of a severe headache!! Hum!! I do wonder which it might? :roll: Shockedops: :lol:

PS: will you be jioning the two domains togther or will they remain seperate? Oh! and how does that affect the plusTalk service will MetroNet customers get plusTalk?

Ivan
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

Hello Jon,

If the aquisition of MetroNet means more infrastructure is aquired & more users i.e. bigger user base. Does that mean F9 PlusNet will have more pipes, routers,switches, servers,etc,etc and if I assume that will be the case does that help take pressure OFF your SUP or not? on the other hand it adds more users?? In other words is it a blessing indisguise or positive migrain ontop of a severe headache!! Hum!! I do wonder which it might? :roll: Shockedops: :lol:

PS: will you be jioning the two domains togther or will they remain seperate? Oh! and how does that affect the plusTalk service will MetroNet customers get plusTalk?

Ivan

I have been reading this all day with some intrest over on the plusnet fourms, and what i can read into it, it looks like metronet will become a service just like f9 and use the same platform as all users of plusnet plc.

So that means, the same shaping, the same services (like plustalk) etc...

However, what i would like to ask, apart from the benfits, if any to metronet users, does this bring any improvement to users of f9 plusnet?
JonathanW
Grafter

Acquisition Discussion

Hi,

Its hard to say what the benefits will be for F9 customers, at this point in time anyway, as in the short term nothing is expected to change. However, longer term, when the Metronet brand is brought closer inline with F9 it will also see things like the Wifi being added to the F9 list of services.

Similarly, there might be some additional features, if the other parts of Metronet prove suitable for addition to the F9/PN/FOL offerings.
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

Hi,

Sounds like DONT hold your breath as you might expire in the process, in other words "Jeremy"watch this space but there again NOT to hard or long or you'll end up cross eyed!! Tee Hee!!. :roll: :roll:

Ivan
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

spend some money on putting some of your own equipment into some exchanges - this BT copper is not going to last forever
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

Hi splink,

I dont agree with you, the copper cabling (twisted copper pairs) used by BT has been around for decades and if you think about what it was originally designed for i.e. voice calls only then its just staggering a) its lasted so long b) that we can now get broadband speeds over such wires. I think cooper will remain around for quite some time to come, & for the simple reason that to replace it with any kind of alternative will probably be astonomically expensive.

Ivan
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

Hi

So basically you spend 1.7 million of our monies we have helped build up and now bought users cos u cant attract them and will screw up there services for them.....

Regards
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Acquisition Discussion

We have bought metronet because they have a similar model to ours, some great products and a great reputation. They were looking for more investments which they couldn't do themselves and we have provided that investment.

Despite what you may think from reading these and other forums out there we are still signing customers up at a very healthy rate and our churn rates are well below the industry average.

We are continuing to invest heavily in our network, this is just a further step in our organic growth strategy which we have always said would involve appropriate acquisitions.
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

Its lasted this long because we have been so far behind everyone else, and we have not really pushed the physics of the cable.

Should take a leaf out of sweedens book to be honest, get oftel to start installing fiber everywhere.
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

Just look at the share price for plusnet plc. The market took the news very well on monday, however tuesday it went right back down again! Wonder whyHuh? any of yous know why?
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

I notice Metronet's slogan is "No nonsense broadband, straight up".... Those poor customers don't know what's about to hit them.

Will plusnet be changing the slogan to: "Broadband with extremely complex usage restrictions that change every week, and we won't tell you about it until it's too late".
N/A

Acquisition Discussion

FYI

organic growth strategy !!! What course did you learn that on. I guess you power cycle your equipment we just switch it off then back on.

Give us a break i get enought corporate words like that at work! So much for the no nonesense broadband....enough said.

Well I guess its like the word Lunch now....used to be called dinner up here!!!! we still have dinner ladies at the schools, maybe they should be called lunch ladies!!!!

Regards

John