cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts! Play Fair!!

N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

Thats it.. ive had enuf of this country.. if you wanna play hard then lets play hard..

I got the email from plus.net stating...

It has come to our attention that you have been heavily using your broadband service in recent months. This amount of usage is not sustainable for your product type.

You have received this email for two reasons:
- You have used over 150GB of data a month, at least twice in the last three months.
AND
- You have used over 45GB of data a month during peak-time hours, at least twice in the last three months.

I was never told about the peak hour thing. it wasnt in my contract. If i had of known this, i would have scheduled my data replication processes to run outside the provided time periods.

I have recently received changes to the terms and conditions, tbh i havnt had time to read these as i have just started a new job. but even if i was in breach of these terms they shouldnt be kicking my ass for doing what ive been doing for the last 3 months instead of doing what ive been doing for the last cupple off weeks.

In solution to this situation they suggest

1. Agree to modify your usage and peak management will be lifted. Do this by raising a new query in the Contact Us wizard tool and following the High Usage Enquiries link - http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets

( I agree ok? now i know the peak times i will schedule my shiznit)

2. Upgrade to a Residential Broadband Premier or Business Broadband product that meets your usage needs - peak-time management will be instantly lifted. Upgrade here - https://portal.plus.net/products/upgrade/cbcupgrade.html

OK now heres were we touch a SORE POINT!!!

WTF am i gunner UPGRADE if im not gettin what i PAID FOR in the first place ? eh ?!?

Im payin for "up to 4mbit" i get a max 110k download speed. ive actualy been thinkin of downgrading

to Plus.net:

HOW can you have the HIDE of telling me to SETTLE DOWN with my leeching if your not deliving the product that im paying for?

I dont mind meating you halfway on said subject... but hows about delivering what your selling before you pick people up on abusing what you expect your paying customers to settle for

I came back to ths country cos i didnt mind it last time i was here (99') but now.. its taken me 2 months to get my N.I number and ive been fucked around my HSBC, my girlfriend had been skrewed over twice by hsbc, the council is giving us greif over the last tennants doing a runner on their council tax, and ive been hosed over by no less than THREE recruitment companies *cough:hays* to name but one. then there was BT.. who for a telecoms company doesnt seem to be able to hook up a telephone properly (took us a week or 2 just to get the fone working) and billed us for it!

but as i say that..

Im sick of bending over for your fucking stupid northern hemisphere ways of life.. ive had enuf..

As soon as the speed of what im paying for comes up to scratch im not adjusting my usage at all
(apart from the peak hour thing eh)

AND to NOTE

As soon as my connection becomes "managed" quote -Peak-time management will be applied to your broadband service for the next 30 days.
/unquote

I will be contacting some from of leagal advice on rectifiying the situation

I will be [censored] if im gunner take this lying down

signed
*1 pissed brit/aussie

[Moderator note :: Removed deliberate evasions of the swear filter. Please note these forums are meant to be suitable for users of all ages]
17 REPLIES
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

strewth Bruce,

hope u get some better luck soon :-)
Community Veteran

Accounts! Play Fair!!

Arrr
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

I hope one of these threats of legal action comes to something. Then we can all follow suit and shut PlusNet down once and for all.
Community Veteran

Accounts! Play Fair!!

I hope one of these threats of legal action comes to something. Then we can all follow suit and shut PlusNet down once and for all.

No, te bankruptcy of te company tis a terrble thing.
Metalguru
Grafter

Accounts! Play Fair!!

Hi Sphinx.

Have a look at some of the other threads.

Lots in the same boat, I'm afraid to say.

Citizens Advice or OfCom may be cheaper than diving straight into the legal pool. +net claim they have all the bases covered.

(Please note .... I haven't mentioned The Ashes).
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

The bankrupcy be a good thing ma hearty

swashbuckling scoundrels like plsunet aren't worth the rum their managing directors are constantly drunk on Cheesy
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

Well, I know this is of no help to you, but other HSBC customer might like to know that the satirical rag 'Private Eye' has been logging incidents where international citizens have had trouble with HSBC and noting the irony that HSBC advertising claims HSBC to be 'The world's local bank'...
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

Is that Hislop's rag? I love that guy Cheesy
Metalguru
Grafter

Accounts! Play Fair!!

Sphinx

I know your feeling down but ......... Dry Your eyes Mate .

mms://a947.v9139f.c9139.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/947/9139/v0001/stream.wmg.com/wmi/uk/the_streets/Dry...
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

The bankrupcy be a good thing ma hearty

swashbuckling scoundrels like plsunet aren't worth the rum their managing directors are constantly drunk on Cheesy

Aaaarhhh! Ye be right, me hearty.....I'm-a-thinkin' the scurvy dogs be needin' a business bilge pump if they use any more hornswagglin' letters of marque....Arrrhhh!!

The sun's o'er the yardarm for this 'ere scurvy jack already, Aaaarhhh.....I be weighin' anchor anyways........pass the grog, matey........
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

Nah some of you have the wrong idea, I still see plus.net as a rad ISP they open up the internet to all for everything it has to offer, a lot of Isp's don’t. I just want some proper net, that’s all. If i cant have my "Up to 4mbit" a bit closer to the 4mbit rather than 2mbit plan's speed. Then maybe i should be allowed to chew thru a little bit more data.. Hell its taking me longer to do it anyway yeah?"

I don’t mind scheduling in the "peak-period" but i shouldn’t be "Managed" as it has been mentioned.

Never whinge or mount an argument without offering a solution or you will loose every time. Im not trying to be difficult. I’ve had issues with BT and our land line, recruiters ( In trying to secure work) not to mention getting a N.I Number

Does it have to be this hard for internet?
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

have a beer dont worry
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

They open up the internet for everything it has to offer except gaming, p2p, usenet, internet radio, voip and anything else except browsing you can think of.
N/A

Accounts! Play Fair!!

Hmmm, I'm finding it hard to find the words to make a post since I was given a formal warning for sarcasm and there's none intended here...

I went to Australia once. Quite a few years ago. I went to Perth (Western Australia). It was very nice. The Australians were very friendly and Perth was very clean.

What part of Australia are you from Sphinx?