cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account upgrade question.

N/A

If I upgrade to the 4meg or 8meg "coming soon" accounts from my 2meg Prem account will I automatically start a new annual contract or will I remain on my current 12 month contract?
8 REPLIES
N/A

It seems no one can answer my question :?
Community Veteran

Raise a ticket as I'm not sure either and when this was asked previously it was never made clear what happens in this situation.
N/A

Ticket raised. I'll post the outcome (if I get one Tongue )
N/A

The reply is as following -

Dear [removed],
Once your fisrt initial year is complete no matter what you do you will be on a monthly contract.
Regards,
[removed]

So it would seem that the annual contract is with the customer as a general contract for providing an internet connection and not the specific product speed (if that makes sense).
Community Veteran

That reply not only did not answer your question, it was also wrong.

Someone on an annual contract always remains on an annual contract after each 12 months have been completed. However, after the first 12 months you can give 30 days notice to cancel like a monthly contract and you don't have to pay the remainder of the annual contract. BUT, for the purposes of your product, you are still on an annual contract.

What you did ask was whether you started a new annual contract when you changed products so what is the answer to that question - ?
N/A

Seems I interpreted the incorrect answer incorrectly Cheesy Could a member of Plusnet staff reply and clarify the situation?
N/A

Five days and still no a proper answer. Looks like I won't be upgrading my account then.
N/A

Hi stormie,

Whilst the Comms team are active on these boards, it is not an official support medium. They may not get around to every thread. As such you would be better querying your original ticket response, for hopefully the correct answer this time.