cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account signup/upgrade mistake...or con?

N/A

Can someone from PlusNet please explain why when you either sign up for a new account or try to upgrade your existing account, if you select Teleworker PAYG from the drop-down box then click "GO", on the next screen it defaults to Teleworker Premier?

If this a mistake on the website, or a sly way of trying to get people to accidentally sign-up for a more expensive account? If I wanted Teleworker Premier, I would have selected Teleworker Premier from the drop-down list.

As a result of this, and the fact that the upgrade account functionality is clearly flawed, the account I set up on Sunday night still isn't even being processed. Hopeless.
2 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

From the description that you've given, it sounds like you're talking about the first screen of the 'Choose your product options' path, then this just defaults to the first option on the list. There's no intention to trick people into signing up for a different account type, as you get the chance to varify the account that you're signing up for.
N/A

From the description that you've given, it sounds like you're talking about the first screen of the 'Choose your product options' path, then this just defaults to the first option on the list. There's no intention to trick people into signing up for a different account type, as you get the chance to varify the account that you're signing up for.

Right, so what's the point in me selecting Teleworker PAYG in the previous screen if that information just gets lost? Surely there should just be a Teleworker option, then in the second screen you select the relevant package.

Or, even better, the existing list of options could be kept as they are, and the correct product selected in the second screen. There's absolutely nothing to stop you from passing the selected product through to the next page, and using that value to default the selected prdocut, and it would have saved me many wasted hours, and would be far clearer to everyone.

Though it has to be said, I don't even see why there needs to be a second page!