Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to work via VPN (Home working)

KimT
Grafter

Hi,

I've been made aware by my work that I have the opportunity to connect to the work network via a VPN connection.

At the moment my ADSL is BB+, I wondered if anyone here could confirm/deny that I could use this connection for access via a VPN.

If this is not possible, would Broadband Premier work?

My reasons for asking are financial as I don't want to use a Business package if possible as there doesn't seem to be much benefit for the extra costs.

I look forwards to your replies.

Jeff
9 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

As far as I am aware, BB+ will allow you to use a VPN but possibly at a lower priority / speed across the network.

If I am incorrect, then Premier definately allows it and I believe it is in the Silver traffic queue.
N/A

I know that Premier allows VPN as I work from home a few days a week and have had no problems with it.

Regards
Steve
LiamM
Grafter

Just been informed that VPN performance should be the same on BB+ and Premier.
KimT
Grafter

Thanks for your assistance chaps Cheesy

And all I can say to you martinfamily is.......................... it's the Ace of Spades Cheesy cool Lemmy pic btw

Jeff
LiamM
Grafter

Thanks - it's one of mine ...
N/A

Ahem, could the mods stop drifting from the topic and warping the thread please , and perhaps even lock it down now the question has been answered.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

(not this post contains sarcasm)
KimT
Grafter

oooooooooooooooo sarcasm, I enjoy a bit of that myself Cheesy

Good job you pointed out you weren't being sarcastic or I'd have never noticed Wink ( now is that me being sarcastic lol )

Jeff
N/A

Smiley
I imagine work should give you all the necessary instructions for setting up your pc/router/whatever to access the VPN.
I have used such a facility many times and been on all day to my office from home no problems at all. Not sure what sort of connection you are on but depending on how long you are on for and how often you planning on doing it - I eat up 200Mb+ a day when working from home.
N/A

I've had my router setup to keep a constant vpn open to the office at work, seems to work fine but it depends on the speed of the other end of the VPN