cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting T&C

N/A

Accepting T&C

Hi,

We never received a notice of the changes in the T&C (we have been connected for two weeks now). When we signed up we specifically asked if there were no caps on downloading and we were told there wasnt any. Now we find out there are (obviously very annoyed), shouldn't we be entitled to being able to leave without having to pay this activation fee?Surely this is a breach of contract or something.
25 REPLIES
N/A

Accepting T&C

Several people have asked this, including me, but unfortunately, PussNet seem to be covered from a legal angle......shows you how bad English law is.
Community Veteran

Accepting T&C

If you have only been with PlusNet 2 weeks you can leave under the 45 day Plusnet Guarantee.

You still have to pay for any hardware and the ADSL activation fee as that is not covered but you do get out of any annual contract.
N/A

Accepting T&C

So PlusNet changing their T&C without informing us about it basically counts for nothing.
Community Veteran

Accepting T&C

Have you checked your postmaster account?
lowry
Grafter

Accepting T&C

They informed people of updated terms and conditions via e-mail some weeks back and gave people until the 16th September to accept them, or decline them and leave with financial penalty (excluding deferred activation & ADSL hardware fees).

This Sustainable Usage Policy isn't a change of the Ts&Cs (although I understand why you see it as such), it's merely based on the new set of terms and conditions introduced some time back and is designed to protect the broadband service for the majority of customers. However, as Peter mentions if you only recently joined, try to take advantage of the PlusNet 45 day guarantee.

Hope all goes well!
matt Wink
N/A

Accepting T&C

Indeed I have checked my mail, all it contains is details about my activation. If they sent the email of the change of "policy", i would have appreciated them to have told me that before i signed up, or atleast mentioned it on their BB package screen. Also I have checked and we have paid a fee of £32.73 for the initial activation and two lots of monthly fees, surely that £32 would count for the activation...
Community Veteran

Accepting T&C

Just had a look and it seems the reason you didn't receive the mail is because you signed up to the new terms not the old.

The line seems to have dissapeared but it used to say about those who signed up after the 24th of August would have the new terms to start with.
N/A

Accepting T&C

Well, what was the 32.73 for the initial activation we paid count for?
LiamM
Grafter

Accepting T&C

That would be your first months broadband and possibly delivery charge on hardware?
N/A

Accepting T&C

Besides the £32 we have already paid two lots of £15, the £15 is what should have been the monthly fee, my housemate also signed up for the **free** modem.
N/A

Accepting T&C

no ideas?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Accepting T&C

I've responded to your ticket.
N/A

Accepting T&C

my housemate also signed up for the **free** modem.

And that modem won't be **free** if you want to leave.
N/A

Accepting T&C

If you have only been with PlusNet 2 weeks you can leave under the 45 day Plusnet Guarantee.

You still have to pay for any hardware and the ADSL activation fee as that is not covered but you do get out of any annual contract.

Not so..I asked to get out under the 45 day guarantee and was told that I had to pay all monthly charges until the 12 month contract period had ended as well as the deffered activation and hardware costs.