cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ac'nt not moved to payg on billing date, can't talk to PN

Community Veteran

I was due to move to payg 6gb for £17.99 yesterday. By mid afternoon PN had requested £21.99 from my bank account instead of the new monthly payment of £17.99. I tried phoning but gave up.

My account has not changed as promised by the automatic ticket that was raisied.

I have posted to my ticket ID: 19685596 but not recieved any response. I have tried this lunch time to phone.

I tried over 19 different selections on the "support phone" number and ended up being refered each time to online system. I had it on speaker phone in work and the staff think the systems "hilarous", guess my workmates may be staying clear of PN for a while. It transpires that I can't talk to anyone on the phone about billing anymore.

Could someone please advise how I go about contacting someone to get this sorted. I don't trust the online support and do not wish to leave things to it to fix as it clearly has not worked the frist time around.

Also is it really up to me to have to pay the call charges to get something fixed which is clearly an error made by the PN system.

Many thanks,

A
9 REPLIES
N/A

Hi

I have a similar problem. My PAYG account was supposed to be reduced by £1.00 but I have been charged the old price.

I put a ticket/question to billing here.

I'm not saying it will be answered quickly though. Wink

Edit: I just re-read your post and notice that you already have a ticket in, sorry.
JJ
Grafter

I don’t think you need to worry (emphasis on the ‘think’ as this is PN !!)

I too wasn’t changed to PAYG on the date they said but a few days later and yes, like you, they did bill me for the old amount first.

What happened was that they changed me to PAYG about 4 days later then they said they would but have credited me with the difference in price. Which in my case means they wont take the next payment until September.

This was not spelt out in the e mail they sent me but is what I have deduced.

I really couldn’t be bothered to raise a ticket as the answers I have had in the past to queries have been a waste of time and usually very irritating.

John H
Community Veteran

Tickets are slow to be answered as of late. To date all my tickets have generally been answered within a few hrs.

I tried 19 different option on the phone, using 9 to get back to main menu and each one led to a message saying contact us via a ticket. I know ticket response is being worked on but for there to be a massive obsticle course to clamber through on the phone only to be cut off after a use the net message is a watse of space and effort.

All I need and am asking for is a confirmation of what's happening and when my account will both change and my bank account credited with the £4 plusnet have decided they can take from me in the mean time.

I don't wish it as a credit it should not have been taken in the first place I wish it returned to my bank account. I have given them them the authority to take £17.99 from my account not £21.99.

Is this call back feature working on plusnet yet maybe I should try that as I'm gettong no where with the current phone system.

A
JJ
Grafter

I agree it would be nice for things to be done correctly.

As PN are reading this…..Why on earth didn’t your accounts department consider the FULL cost implications of this practice of ‘credit’. Whilst it gives you some cash and interest and hence on face value saves money it sure as hell clogs up the ticket system, frustrates customers, and indirectly looses business because all of us affected won’t be recommending PN.

Perhaps the cost of handling finance queries should come out of the account's departments budget :twisted:

John H
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is related but there are a very small handful of customers on legacy PAYG products that will not be moved on their billing dates. These customers shouldn't have received a tailored email though if they weren't due to be switched. I can't actually look into this at the moment unfortunately as I would need to be at the office.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

HI Bob,

I was on Premier, still am, and had completed the online transfer to payg with 6gb usage. Old price 21.99 new price 17.99. The online change was made on the 25th and was due to happen yesterday. Online automated ticket response quoting day for change as next billing date 3rd July.

The old 21.99 for premier was taken from the account and the PN account did not change. After 48ins on hold tonight I finally managed to speak to a CS rep who promised to change the account type there and then and to refund the extra £4 to my card.

I know the plusnet system does not always make changes straight away, when making e-mail addresses etc., so I'm not to suprised by the fact the change of account has not yet happened, CS put it through just before 7pm.

A
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

For some reason your account won't change over, we've tried it a couple of times so we've sent it over to the developers to look into.
Community Veteran

HI Dave,

Cheers for the update. I just like to make sure you're all busy.

Could someone please e-mail me when it changes and the credits been re-funded.

Whatever happens please make sure my domain is left intact, webspace I'm not bothered about but e-mail settings forwards etc. I don't want to loose.

I was assured by phone a few weeks ago before I made the switch that only the account type would change nothing else.

When I was trying to make the switch I had a problem which meant I had to start again.

I got as far as paying and I was forced to give a second card set of details despite my switch card being registered. After I had submitted my visa details there was no obvious option to continue from where I had left off and I was forced to start again. Could this be part of the problem.

Hope it helps,

A
Community Veteran

Recieved a call from PN tonight and account switched in mins.

many thanks

A.McClean