cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely Disgusted...

N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

Well, where can one start..

My speed to my subscribed news server disconnected.. no problem I thought, I'll reconnect.. hmm, this isn't right, 3 seconds at a blazing 3kbps then down to 1kbps before timing out. I thought I'd try later in the day, same thing.

I contact support through tickets.. your connection has NOT been affected by SUP.. I inform them my speed issue and providing usage data.. the SUP can't be an issue.

http://portal.f9.net.uk/support/adsl/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

Once again a ticket saying I was correct that my usage is allowable.. and asking me to provide a screen capture..

- -
Quote: There has been no limit put on your account. As you say, you are not using enough for this to be the case. Please advise further on when and with which services you are having these speeds? Usenet should not be 3Kbps at all.
- -

NOW I get a ticket saying there is... wait for it... a NEW rule that I've not been informed of that stats the Peak Time maximum is NOW 15gb and NOT 30gb.

- -
Quote: Please see the following page for details of our recent newsgroup changes.

http://portal.f9.net.uk/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5983

I can confirm that you have used over 15GB this month.
- -

And through-out this time NOT one email of notification with regards to the imposed speed cap, the new and ever changing rules or anything.

This is NOT a bitch letter, this is disgust at Force9's business practice.

How can a user know limits when your staff disagree whether I'm speed capped and passed a limit of not. When rules get implimented without notification and when speed caps are applied without notice. This isn't personal, just fact.

Disgusting.
29 REPLIES
N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

Hi,

I understand your feelings entirely, and I dont agree with the way F9 have gone about imposing new policies or rules on customers. Many people have felt that F9 have kept changing the goal posts to suit themselves and sadly the consiquence has been some good customers have left. Its nothing more than customers deserve to be widely informed well in advance of any major changes to be made to their service/s, which will affect them after all they are paying for the service.

Communications with customers are at the heart of this matter and on some things F9 Plusnet seem to fall down rather badly IMO, I dont know why this is but feel it is to do with the kinds of people who end up making & creating & running companies like F9 "techie" people. I know its a cliche but all cliche's do have a pinch of truth in them & for me it is that techie people do sadly have a real problem remembering to talk or communicate with others about what they have done or are doing.

**I dont agree with imposing rules or changes on others without any warning I think its fundamentally wrong & bad practise.

**All customers who might be affected by any changes should be warned in advance abit like the service or maintinence notices. But cstomers could be sent an email informaing them of any changes, this has been done in the past but only when F9 where more or less forced to have to do this.

**I supose you could argue that F9 Plusnet are still in a learning process in terms of having to manage a large scale network but that doesnt excuse the non communications or lack of consideration for customers (individually or on massive i.e. the whole user base globally as it were!).

Ivan
N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

I think you will find that the 15gb cap only aplies to external binary newsservers. The idea being that the first 15gb is on the silver queue and anything over that on the bronze.

There wasa huge discussion about it on the newsgroup as a figure is not actually written down anywhere, it appears to have been plucked out of the air. Many people have ben asked where this figure is stated to be replied with "we will take whatever steps necessary to manage our platform". After about 20 or so requests to justify this and to point out that without it being wtitten down, it couldn't be enforced, CS stopped replying to thethread.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

Thank-you both for your replies..

With regards to the 15gb cap.. this has been implimented (at least in my case) for both my subscribed (external) news provider, AS WELL as Force9's own news server.

If curious, my usage was:

Peak Time Month: 15.44GB
Month: 60.71GB

Kind Regards
N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

I think you will find that the 15gb cap only aplies to external binary newsservers. The idea being that the first 15gb is on the silver queue and anything over that on the bronze.

I think this limit also covers f9's own internal news servers.
N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

I currently pay £39.99 for my premium connection
plus another £10 to stay on the 20:1 contention
plus about £15 for access to external newsgroups.
I have recommended over 50 people to F9 for which i get about £20 back.
How am i ( and others) treated by F9?

Lets see what we can do to antagonise our customer base. How can we get rid of our most loyal customers? I know lets cap their usage. Lets make it as difficult as possible for them to make use of the services they are paying for.

Well it's worked with me. I have had enough of the petty minded morons who make these decisions. There seems a real irony in the fact that i am sure all the people i have refered will be happy with the service that F9 provide and that i now find myself looking for another provider.
Marteknet
Grafter

Its a Cockup read on

Usenet Problems - RESOLVED
Due to recent changes to our usenet platform, speeds on usenet have returned to reasonable levels. Though we will continue to monitor this to ensure that the service remains useable.

Full details of the recent changes are available here: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35208

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Whiting
Customer Support

All very well if you are a plusnet customer, but if you are not then there isn't any way you can even log on to read this posting.

Tongue its a big joke to force9 and plainly clear they dont give a hoot about their customers.
Marteknet
Grafter

Absolutely Disgusted...

I currently pay £39.99 for my premium connection
plus another £10 to stay on the 20:1 contention
plus about £15 for access to external newsgroups.
I have recommended over 50 people to F9 for which i get about £20 back.
How am i ( and others) treated by F9?

Maybe someone at F9 just wants to save the £20 you get back.
N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

LOL i hadn't thought of that.

Well by the looks of things they soon will. Certainly no more referals from me.. even if i decide to stay (which is doubtful).
Marteknet
Grafter

Absolutely Disgusted...

LOL i hadn't thought of that.

Well by the looks of things they soon will. Certainly no more referals from me.. even if i decide to stay (which is doubtful).

I do referals but wouldn't dream of sending any poor s** here.
N/A

I have an message for F9 too!

My message is quite simple for what it is worth.

"The most important Person in ANY business are their Customers - without them You don't have a Business"
"It takes months to find Good Customers & Seconds to lose them"

It would pay most people to remember this if they are to keep Quality Customers.

Warmest wishes

Robbie
N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

[removed by author]
Marteknet
Grafter

Absolutely Disgusted...

The new quality customers are those unfamiliar with the term "emperor's new clothes", and are willingly pay £39.99 for the best part of a year for an 8meg service that Enron would be proud of.

Any new customers reading this think very carefully, I have been a F9 customer for years. At the start things were fine, then they got greedy, made me change over to a business account, more money for less service, now these caps and that's what they are bandwidth caps no matter what F9 care to call them have been implemented. I consider this daylight robbery, no consultation at all with customers and new rules slipped in the back door. What on earth are F9 thinking ? , that we wouldn't notice.

Get real f9 you advertise an unlimited service that's what made people like me sign up with you in the first place, I advise you to think again before your customer base packs up and goes elsewhere, after all whats left to keep them here much longer, very little I think.
N/A

Absolutely Disgusted...

I advise you to think again before your customer base packs up and goes elsewhere, after all whats left to keep them here much longer, very little I think.

My sentiments exactly. Except i have gone one step further and have requested my Mac Key. Time to leave F9. Its a shame, i have been happy with the service from F9 for a long time, and having dealt with other ISPs (on my customers behalf) F9 are still a long way in front in many areas. However the recent changes, pushed through without regard, discussion or even information, have spoiled their reputation and shown an utter lack of respect for a lot of the people who helped F9 to where they are.
JonathanW
Grafter

Absolutely Disgusted...

Hi,

With regards to the advertising, we don't use the word unlimited in any of our advertising, and haven't done so for quite some time now.

As for the SUP being introduced, this is something that we've had provision for in the Ts & Cs for some time now, and is something that we've had in place since earlier this year. Though its only recently that we actually made these figures available to the customers so that they can keep an eye on how much they're transfering.