cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVG Anti-Virus 7.1 update traffic now "managed" ?

N/A

is this type of traffic now "managed" in the latest round of Titanic tinkering ?

Iceberg ? what iceberg ? ...back to the deck chairs...
13 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

No need to worry! Just put your thermals on and have a game of deck quoits! :lol:
Community Veteran

I'n no idea how it updates but I have not had any delays recently (Got an update today fine).

FYI: v7.1 is due to be withdrawn from support in a few weeks which means no more virus/program updates. You really need to upgrade to 7.5 ASAP
N/A

Well, is there some kind of hit going on here? Constant timeout while virus checker tries to update. Come on guys, it only usually takes a few seconds. Surely it is in your industries' interests to help us all keep our computers clean. Unless (conspiracy theory alert!) you are planning to blame all your problems on users having caught the latest virus and, therefore, it's not your fault.
N/A

Yes, I'm sure we are aware of updates to software. I am running 7.5
Community Veteran

Hmmm.....

Just tried another update and it fails to connect.
N/A

Hmmm,

So have I, same result :roll:
Community Veteran

Hmmm same here ... it might be a problem at grisoft of course ... or it might be ...
We are now investigating prioritising interactive web-browsing traffic above web-based file downloads so that browsing never slows down, but downloading large files over http may gradually slow at peak times.
N/A

Yeah, well, but they are not really big files, are they? Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow just on the off chance that it may be a problem at source. Hey, maybe Grisoft have caught the mother of all viruses and in their dying throes have prevented us from getting it. I tHinK I driNk toO much
N/A

Same here guys , this sometimes happens with avg , try tommorow Smiley
Community Veteran

but they are not really big files

no i know, and i forgot to indicate that my tongue was somewhat in my cheek Wink
N/A

FYI: v7.1 is due to be withdrawn from support in a few weeks which means no more virus/program updates. You really need to upgrade to 7.5 ASAP

Thanks very much for this advice. I was waiting for my copy of 7.1 to tell me to upgrade, but it hasn't.

Seems to be working again now, so I guess we shall never know whether it was the Grisoft server or not.
GersFans
Grafter

For all the problems I have had with my connection, and I have had many, updating AVG has never been a problem. I haven't noticed any slow down in it updating today.
N/A

I remember the last time Grisoft had a major update to AVG, it was virtually impossible to connect to them. In the end Grisoft admitted that their servers could not cope with the demand. Priority was given to those who had paid for the program.

Keep trying and eventually you will download the update, or pay for the pro version and get it quickly.