cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTN: Home / Home Surf Punters

N/A

Us folks on the 'old' packages are getting speed upgrades too, but as I expected, Plusnet have once again cocked up...

My DSLAM was due to be upgraded in "July", so a couple days ago I asked CS if it had been done yet. Their response was the usual 'we don't know' and just pointed me to the checker on usertools.plus.net.

Imagine my suprise later that evening when I downloaded a file at 200k+! I had recieved no notice I was about to or had been upgraded (and still haven't), so If I hadn't had to reboot my router earlier in the day I'd have still been synced at 512kbps.

So, if your'e on any package other than Broadband Permier or Broadband Plus and should have been upgraded by now, try reconnecting, you might be suprised! Looks like PN are forgetting about us old loyal customers... nice eh?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Can you explain how you think this made PlusNet forget about customers on these packages?
LiamM
Grafter

This has happened to users on all packages. It basically happens when Plusnet do not update their system correctly to unrestrict your speed. It should be automatic when you receive the upgrade, but on some occasions it isn't.
N/A

For once this isn't PN's mistake.

PN placed a bulk regrade order with BT Wholesale. BT Wholesale then carry out the work. BT Wholesale sometimes let PN know and sometimes they forget to. PN have tried to get info out of BT Wholesale before now on the regrades but as usual with any communications company BT fail to communicate any useful information.

Just enjoy the extra 1/1.5MB and relax... PN didn't forget you BT did Smiley
N/A

This has happened to users on all packages. It basically happens when Plusnet do not update their system correctly to unrestrict your speed. It should be automatic when you receive the upgrade, but on some occasions it isn't.

No, the problem isn't the speed (thats fine!), it's that fact I never knew I was upgraded until I had to reboot my router! I was expecting PN to tell me, especially when I specifically asked CS to check for me!

PN have tried to get info out of BT Wholesale before now on the regrades but as usual with any communications company BT fail to communicate any useful information.

Not PNs fault? Are you sure? Usually is... ;-)
N/A

If you've never delt with BT then count yourself lucky. When you work for them its hard enough getting info out of other dept's... work for another company and finding the holy grail and ET at the same time would be easier Sad

(Don't work for BT anymore)
N/A

Not PNs fault? Are you sure? Usually is

Actually it usually isnt.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm going to have to look into it a bit further as to why you weren't sent the email, I think it's been caused by one of two things but will need the developers to confirm it.
N/A

Actually it usually isnt.

In my experience it is
Community Veteran

It depends. The bulk regrades, synce issues and some speed issues are all BT's problem.

CS, pricing, webspace, t&c's, packages are all PN.