cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASDL Installation

N/A

ASDL Installation

Hi there,

Just a few questions regarding ASDL installation which don't seem to be covered in the FAQ :

1) Will Plusnet be offering half price installation in line with the current BT offer ?
2) Do I have to have my existing line converted or can I have a new line installed ?
3) What is the current lead time for installation ?
4) What would be the total monthly cost for an ASDL line only used to connect to Plus ?
5) Is it worth the extra money ?!

Many thanks

Paul
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: ASDL Installation

Hi
Thanks for the posting.
> 1) Will Plusnet be offering half price installation in line with the current BT offer ?
Yes we will, this offer is only until the end of the year and only on USB connections.

> 2) Do I have to have my existing line converted or can I have a new line installed ?
You may have any line installed, subject to a line survey. If you wish to get a new line installed you will need to contact BT to do this, but make sure they are aware it is for ADSL and they should be able to ensure the line length and quality are acceptable before installing it. Once done contact us to upgrade to broadband.

> 3) What is the current lead time for installation ?
Normally arround 10 days.

> 4) What would be the total monthly cost for an ASDL line only used to connect to Plus ?
ADSL lines only ever connect to one ISP, the cost of this is currently £46.99 inc vat for home or £70+vat for ADSL Netstart (business).

> 5) Is it worth the extra money ?!
ADSL provides you with an always on high speed connection, you do not need to worry about call times or bandwidth. You can download (and upload) your files at a faster speed than ever before. I would say it's worth the extra money, I will be getting ADSL as soon as a move (mid next month), but the best way to find out is to upgrade!

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen.....................................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------------+