cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASDL Home packaged changed?

N/A

I just received my monthly advanced payment notification email and the amount I'm paying has dropped to £14.99 (down from £21.99)

I had a quick look round the site, and discovered you have started metering your customers bandwidth usage - I was totally unaware of this change!

I want to make sure I maintain my current connection status of unlimited usage - which apprently means I now have to switch to the "Premier" package.
Is this correct !!Huh

Also now I'm into a new month, my "View my usage" statistics only show a small amount. I'd like to check the last couple of months stats, to see if I could actually save money by using the pay as you go bandwidth metering.??
Is this possible?? Without this information I want to stick with an unmetered service..

Could someone tell me what I have to do to get myself switched back onto the service I was already using!

I am more than a bit anoyed that I was not prewarned of this switch, the payment notification makes no mention of the change. The email is identical to last months apart from the price.

jaminblack
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You should not have been switched to the new product. All existing users stay on their existing packages unless they specifically request a switch to the new products, for which a fee is charged.

I would raise a contact us ticket and ask why the payment has changed and ask if you have been switched to the new product which you did not request as something has clearly gone wrong somewhere.

£14.99 corresponds to the new broadband home 512K 1GB usage product.

The view my usage only covers the current month. PlusNet don't currently have a way to show previous usage yet although this has been requested.
N/A

thanks for the info. - petervaughan

I have raised a ticket.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Please accept our apologies for any confusion over this. Your account type hasn't been changed, you're still on the same account. The problem is just with the email. We've called the developers out and raised a priority one problem to get this resolved.
N/A

Exactly the same thing happened to me last month, got exactly the same sort of e-mail with different price (£14.99). Rang up to query it and was told it was an error and nothing had changed, still on original £21.99 package. Then received a note confirming correct payment and noticed contact us tickets had noted my call. Correct payment of £21.99 taken OK in the end.

One odd thing I have noticed though is that this month I did not receive any advance notification of payment as I had always done before. Noticed in the account details section the payment has been taken as normal but is now two days later than before, guess everything is Ok just a bit odd how it all happened - probably the change over to new account types must have affected some of the old accounts in the process?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We did have a day where the billing run for one day was run a day or so late, it's possible that this stopped the notification email. If you don't get one next month please let us know and we'll investigate why.