cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANyone else think PlusNet is rubbish?

N/A

I've complained several times... given as many details as possible, and still no explanation has been given as to why my 2Mbit connection is pants! I lose sync about once every 20 minutes... always... regardless of time of day. Once connected it's fast, but I can't stay connected. No.. it's not because the connection is idle either before anyone asks. I complain, and all I get is a reply saying it's my fault, and BT will charge me £60 to check the line. This is RUBBISH... nothing here has changed.. it's been FINE for over a year with NO changes in hardware whatsoever on 512, but AS SOON as i upgrade to 2Mbit, it's a joke... yet it's somehow my fault, or BTs fault... yeah right. I'm getting sick of it to be honest. No point even complaining anymore, or raising a ticket... same ol' same ol'... "fine here... your fault cos your just a dumb assed end user and we know more than you, so go away and eat worms".

Not good enough PlusNet. My friend has just left Plusnet cos of poor performance as well. Can't say I blame him. It's an absolute last resort for me, so I'm giving plusnet one last chance before I cancel the Direct Debit.

Anyone else with me on this one, or is it just me that thiks they're a pile of steaming donkey sick?

EDIT... HA HA!!!! I can't even post this message cos I've lost sync.... gotta wait 4 minutes for it to reconnect now, or climb behind teh desk to reset teh router... cheers PlusNet!!!!
10 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

In answer to the thread title. No I don't. I did lose faith a while back... but things are changing for the better. I'm entirely happy with my service now.
N/A

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst I sympathise with your problem, disconnects, where synch is lost, are not the fault of the isp.

Most of these issues are caused by internal wiring or filters, your own equipment, BT faults, electrical interference or possibly a line provisioned at a speed which it cant support.

Have a read at this tutorial for some tips to sort this one out.

Good luck.
Community Veteran

If your line was fine when you were on 512 then its more than likely that you are very close to or even over the limits for 2meg which is much more demanding on line quality.
You may need to have your speed knocked back to 1meg to make it stable again.
You need to raise a Link:Contact us ticket to have your line investigated but do make sure that you have followed the tutorial mentioned by mark first as BT can raise a charge if the fault is proved to on your own gear.
N/A

Sounds like your line will not handle 2 meg speeds.

You will experience frequent loss of Sync.

Get +net to Run a Whoosh for you, they should be able to tell, what speed your line should work ok at.

Alternatively post your line stats if you have a Router.
N/A

In reply to the two above posts... already done. This has been going on for ages... nothing wrong with the line apparently.

This also coincides with the idle time out thing as well BTW.... Hmmm...

This is so frustrating... the loss of sync seems to regular to me... it's almost timed.... could the disconnect on idle settings you've implemented be wrong somehow? Could it be disconnecting whether I'm idle or not? Is that not possible? If not, then I'm going to check all my hardware again, but to be honest, I can't see why anything would have changed here... as for the BT line.. no problem with 2Mbit apparently.

Why is loss of sync rarely the ISPs fault? By loss of sync, I just mean the light goes out at my end.. simple as that... you pull the plug on me for whatever reason and that will happen. Like I said... it seems to regular, and to timed to be random now.
hitachi
Grafter

If Plusnet pull the plug at thier end you would still be synched with the exchange, that is why synch loss is between you and the exchange.
Community Veteran

Sync is only between you and the exchange. Sync problems are either your fault or BTw's fault. AFAIK they would only be the ISP's fault when the ISP make a mistake and get BT to cease the line. thus as you still have some connectivity, albeit unreliable that would not be the case.

The idle timeouts you mention haven't been implemented yet they are just there as an option. The idle timeouts will not cause you to lose sync.

As the others have said follow the tutorial and provide your linestats if possible.
N/A

Plus net is rubbish

Davidgregory is lucky to have 2mbit connection. Ive paid for one but currently only have 0.96. Nothing wrong with my line or exchange. +net dont care.

I have made referrals...they have been lost.
they changed my address...causing endless problems with BT
support ............................is a joke/myth unless you have 15 to 40 mins free to .sit waiting on an 0845 number.(I wonder what would happen if 0800 were introduced?
Web Mail ..........................another joke, takes nearly a minute to load fully

I am sorry I left Pipex.
N/A

A mate had the same problem when he upgraded to 2mbit. He had frustrating time with BT and his ISP. BT guy was saying line is fine for 2mbit, but still had problems. Turns out that he had a split line with house next door, which made connection unstable.

In the end he went to NTL as that was the only way he could get high speed broadband. Good old BT and their wiring.
Metalguru
Grafter

Yes I do.

And now Sheffield Trading Standards, are formally investigating a complaint I have made concerning them, I am hopeful that (should their enquiry conclude that I have been in the right all along) others may finally see what an incredibly iffy company they have become.