cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2 in october?

N/A

ADSL2 in october?

UK Online’s broadband revolution: up to 24Mb broadband, at under £30 a month, and coming soon to an area near you.

Using the next generation of broadband technology, ADSL2+, we’re now trialling the fastest broadband in the UK, set to take Britain by storm in October. At up to 24Mb, it’s three times faster than Broadband 8000, and an amazing 480 times faster than dial-up. ADSL2+ means we can offer even faster speeds, at the same great value – at under £30 a month for unlimited broadband as fast as your line can go.

Trialling now, live in october?

24mb, unlimited, under £30?!

I live in an area where 8mb is availble now, and my contract with plus.net runs out November 3rd... i know where im going next Cheesy
18 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL2 in october?

Just check that unlimited means unlimited... Cheesy
N/A

ADSL2 in october?

If you check the UKOnline website, and read the applicable information, you will discover that the connection is bound by a SUP although, admittedly it is not as restrictive as the +net one :lol:
LiamM
Grafter

ADSL2 in october?

Well they offer 500Gb on 8Mb. So it must be at least that for 24Mb. I would suspect heavily contended service though.
N/A

ADSL2 in october?

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that the £30 price is only during the 'beta' phase and will rise to (a still decent) £40ish.
sanderton
Grafter

ADSL2 in october?

Hmmm:

We do not offer a newsgroup service on our broadband services. We also block ports 25, 80, 8080 and 3128 on all of our broadband services in order to maintain quality of service for all of our customers, so you will not be able to run a mail or web server.
Metalguru
Grafter

ADSL2 in october?

Bit like +net then ....... Wink
N/A

ADSL2 in october?

homeaga1n

Can I ask why you need to make posts like that, which are not true?

PlusNet do not block any of the ports mentioned. The ports they do block are due to viruses, and do not prevent the hosting of mail services.

The only product that does block mail servies such as this, is Broadband Plus, which is clearly states so in the product features.
Metalguru
Grafter

ADSL2 in october?

Philip.

BB+ was my product ............ well still is ............. cos they won't let me go.

Any assistance you can give me would be gratefully accepted.
N/A

ADSL2 in october?

The only product that does block mail servies such as this, is Broadband Plus, which is clearly states so in the product features.

You might want to check your facts before telling people not to post inaccurate stuff (which you have no evidence was posted maliciously or without good faith):

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2044638
N/A

ADSL2 in october?

AH, indeed. I did post inaccurate information.

That being said, you have simply backed up my original statement. thanks Smiley
Metalguru
Grafter

ADSL2 in october?

Which also goes to show that none of us really know whats going on around here.

30 days Notice ?
or 45 ?

From the date you request to leave ?
or
the date that they receive your request ?

Refunds ?

What ports are blocked ?
Hosting of Mail Services ?

Weekend Peak Times ?

Is Idle Time Out ....... now in ? (Well it is in the T&C's)

Customer Service saying "Go Find Another ISP"

Oh .................. It All Does My Head In.

I only wanna go .............. and they won't even let me do that.
N/A

ADSL2 in october?

WTF does any of this have to do with ADSL2Huh Mods? Off topic?
N/A

ADSL2 in october?

Good point, although I will stick my hands up for my part in it.

Please can we return this to the original topic.
Metalguru
Grafter

ADSL2 in october?

My fault also Philip. (Hands Up)

But as no one from +net has so far contributed to this thread. It does prompt me to consider weather they have even heard of ADSL 2.

I've never seen Stew / Neil mention it in any of their "Visions of the future" speeches.