Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL working again being switched back to MaxDSL

halfchan
Grafter

Question topic: Your question | ID: 22331271
I have had no adsl for nearly 7 days now. I have jumped thru all the checking hoops and disconnected all equipment for 22 hours for line checks (they asked for 12 hrs) now been escalated to BT but I would like to know WHEN I am going to be back up. The timescales for this problem resolution are not very good. I went thru nightmares with speeds last year when I was put on LLU. I hope this is not going to take months to resolve like the last issues. I have been given a dial-up free number but this is useless as I have not owned a modem for 5 years and I am not buying one just for this!
16 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi there,

Sorry about the problems you have been seeing, I've asked one of the faults guys to have a look into this for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
halfchan
Grafter

Many thanks Chris
halfchan
Grafter

7 Days no connection. Please someone tell me what progress has been made?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

We're chasing this up for you now. I'll be along with an update shortly.
Mand
Grafter

We've chased this with the supplier, and have moved your ticket into the Escalation pool to ensure this is prioritised for you.
halfchan
Grafter

Thank you Mand
What does "rejected clear" mean?
This is the last comment on my ticket.
Liam
Grafter

It means that BT have come back to us saying that they believe the fault to be clear (fixed), and we have rejected that saying it still exists.
halfchan
Grafter

Thanks for the answer Cheesy
halfchan
Grafter

Dear Mr Chue,
I have checked into this for you and its currently with BT as our wholesale provider has raised an exchange or general line fault with them. We will check on this for you if we have not recieved an update within the next 48 hours.

Tried my mates netgear DG834 adsl modem and managed to connect but the speed was very very poor as was surfing. I had been enjoying up to 6000k speeds. Hoping to borrow a belkin adsl in next few days to test with that.
Is this any help?

I have to wait another 48hrs? That will be 10 days with no adsl. Thank you for your help but your providers response time and BT's is shocking!
Liam
Grafter

Hi there,

I do apologise for the inconvenience of waiting, I appreciate it is very frustrating. When we raise a line fault to our suppliers we are bound by their response times for investigation and diagnostics and this is generally around 24 - 48 hours. It could, for example, require an engineer to be despatched to the exchange.

Rest assured, we are chasing it for you - and as soon as we get a response, we will update your ticket.
halfchan
Grafter

Connected using netgear adsl router but speed is rubbish
164 kbps down
281 kbps up

This is getting silly.
halfchan
Grafter

Got hold of a Belkin G ADSL2 router and will test with that tonight. Obviously something major wrong on the line. I have usually had very good speed after the nightmare of changing to LLU last year as I am apparently very close to the exchange.
The speeds I am getting with my borrowed router are practically unusable. Lets hope someone down the line (BT?)makes an effort to sort this out?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

One of the steps to resolve a fault on our LLU service is for the supplier to reduce the speed to 160k, I've requested this be pushed back up to the maximum on your line again. Can you reboot your modem/router and see if the speeds are any higher?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
halfchan
Grafter

Connection working normaly again. Speed is good at approx 6000 down and 500 up.
I undertsand I am now being switched to Max DSL. Hopefully the speed will be as good?
Any idea what the fault was?

Thanks for help. Much better CS this year, keep up the good work!