Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL via Tiscali LLU Down on Certain Exchanges

craigbrass
Grafter

Hello Everyone,

Well there isn't a post on this so thought I better make one. On certain exchanges provided via tiscali LLU, users are able to get Sync but are not able to authenticate / handshake to get a connection. This has been happening from about 1AM this morning for me although for some people it may of been 6PM yesterday evening according to the status.

This is NOT limited to PlusNet using LLU. I had a friend phoned me who is on Tiscali Retail using Tiscali Wholesale's service. He is having the same problem. He called Tiscali and they told him their engineers don't work weekends and to call back Monday at 9AM. Whats up with thatHuh :shock:

It seams to be entire exchanegs effected. The exchange I am using is Carlisle (area code 0122Cool. It would appear that this one is dead.

Anyway, the comms team raised this issue when I reported it and it is aparently with the network team who are dealing with Tiscali. Lets hope we get it sorted ASAP eh!

I am so glad PlusNet have stopped moving people to Tiscali LLU. As has been said, Tiscali is Tiscali regardless of Retail or Wholesale, they work from the same ethics. With the constant disconnections, speed issues and now this loss of connection for the last 12 hours, they are a joke. So glad that PlusNet are moving me back to BT Wholesale who I have had a solid connection with for over 3 years up until I got moved.
8 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

yep, we put out a Service Status on this.
craigbrass
Grafter

Yes, I know. Just creating an area of discussion for the users as one wasn't already there.
James
Grafter

Looking at the Tiscali graphs, things appear to be back to normal, give or take a hundred customers or so - and that's an estimate.

Given that your friend is on the same exchange, I just wonder whether it's specific to that exchange. Especially as our RADIUS server is suggesting that you had a subsequent connection following from the last disconnection that we saw.
shellsong
Grafter

I don't think much of a broadband supplier that thinks it only needs engineer availability 9 to 5, 5 days a week-- they must have 24/7 emergency coverage or they aren't worth giving the time of day!
craigbrass
Grafter

Yay, seams to working now... Cheesy
N/A

I don't think much of a broadband supplier that thinks it only needs engineer availability 9 to 5, 5 days a week-- they must have 24/7 emergency coverage or they aren't worth giving the time of day!

ALL ISP's will have 24 hours engineers, however they may be on call and will only be called out for issues that are over a set severity.
craigbrass
Grafter

Yea, I think that agent was just looking to get him off the phone Cheesy
shellsong
Grafter

Hey littlened, I'd have thought that an entire exchange being affected ought to be enough severity to warrant an emergency engineer shifting his butt into gear! :lol: