cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL 'teething problems'

N/A

ADSL 'teething problems'

I have now managed to install my ADSL connection with the DabValue Conexant modem.

The drivers that came with the modem needed updating which i found elsewhere and the settings needed correcting otherwise everything works and i'm very pleased Smiley

PS. I do think a more informative ADSL install guide needs to be made on the portal.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: ADSL 'teething problems'

> The drivers that came with the modem needed updating which i found elsewhere and the settings needed correcting

Which settings?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Hi Spencer,

> everything works and i'm very pleased Smiley

Glad to hear you are you are pleased with your set-up!

> PS. I do think a more informative ADSL install guide needs to be made on the portal.

This is something we have thought about but while we are able to provide the basic (generic) settings required, it would prove highly impractical as I'm sure you will agree to provide detailed instructions for every router available on the market.

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Spencer,

Mark is right - We can't possibly detail every router and how to configure it. Most of this information is already available on adslguide.org.uk anyway.

I would agree though that 'more' information would certainly help. In your case, what did you find the support pages lacked?

We will certainly add any information which is missing!

Regards,

Ian
PlusNet Customer Support.