cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL..so what...how bout us on dial up?

N/A

ADSL..so what...how bout us on dial up?

I have just read the latest press release.

All i seem to hear about the recent poor performance has been due and to do with ADSL.

What about the significant customer base paying up to £29.99 for FRIACO dial-up?

We are having huge connectivity problems to and I for one would appreciate some mention of us.

thank you.

PS and yes i do have a ticket raised and have had in the past with nothing solved.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL..so what...how bout us on dial up?

Neil,

I have emailed BT with your issue and included the template and your PPP logs.

They will be getting back to us shortly with an update.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

You pay £29.99 for old dialup?
why man.. upgrade to ADSL.
if you don't have DSL on your exchange yet
try AOL they do unmetered dialup and no quibbles about how long you're connected either.

for £15.99 :-)

I couldnt ever go back to old dialup and being monitored the time i use it. BT and PlusNet i don't understand them doing it.

AOL don't.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

> You pay £29.99 for old dialup?
> why man.. upgrade to ADSL.
> if you don't have DSL on your exchange yet
> try AOL they do unmetered dialup and no quibbles about how long you're connected either.
>
> for £15.99 :-)
>
> I couldnt ever go back to old dialup and being monitored the time i use it. BT and PlusNet i don't understand them doing it.
>
> AOL don't.
>
> --
> Jason
> =====

I have just come off AOL and dont recomend them they cut off when they feel like it sometimes after about 10 mins and what about that browser and the way it dials up it isnt compatable with windows or any programs.I am very pleased with Plus Net (reading these Forums I think I am the only one who is) But I can now set up programs to auto dial up and run and guess what i can do it in night time usage and all this for only £4.00 more
it gives me 50 hours a week and 42 hours at night to schedual programs to run and no cut off
Cheers plus Net
Pam
:rollsmile:
N/A

> I have just come off AOL and dont recomend them they cut off when they feel like it sometimes after about 10 mins and what about that browser and the way it dials up it isnt compatable with windows or any programs.I am very pleased with Plus Net (reading these Forums I think I am the only one who is) But I can now set up programs to auto dial up and run and guess what i can do it in night time usage and all this for only £4.00 more
> it gives me 50 hours a week and 42 hours at night to schedual programs to run and no cut off
> Cheers plus Net
> Pam

Sorry you had a bad time on there. i never had any problems with them, as they didn't moan about how long a person stays connected. and i know of no people being disconnected that had it either.

Maybe it was down to your pc. or bad line.
The adaptor on AOL can be changed, and so can the web browser to IE.
But i think it's very well designed.
You don't work for PlusNet do you?.
I notice alot of account holders are coming out of the closet on here as PlusNet employees, therefore they are going to defend their service.
But i believe in telling the truth...

I paid PlusNet £99 a month for an 'always-on connection' on dial up back then, i had a port all to myself, and they messed that up too.
i had to cancel in my first month. and didn't get my money back. Thats why i ended up taking out an AOL account, because it was £15 not £100 and more or less the same. and better still it worked.
So i was paying for three accounts.. Plusnet, AOL and BT anytime.

I don't like ISP's who add up the time a person uses.. you pay enough to be here and shouldn't have no limits. Thats why AOL is still better for dialup.

BT internet now is not worth it either, i used to be with them too. first they gave you FREE txt alerts you had new email, then they started charging you an extra fiver a month for it.

Now i hear you only get around 5 hours a day on there.. what a con.

I have been with PlusNet for two years now, the technology here attracted me.
No other ISP has all this Technology..
But that doesn't make up for the bad connections.
and sometimes poor service with no refunds.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Hiya Jason,
In answer to you I cannot use AOL because of the unreliability of it as a platform for online gaming.
I play Everquest and AOL struggles horribly with it, it also as Pam says drops regurlarly for no reason.
So until my exchange gets upgraded I am on Plusnets dialup scheme i have to say I havent had a problem up until about 3 weeks ago to date.