cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL move already a day late

N/A

My house move should have gone through yesterday but the plusnet website still says that the circuit hasn't even been tested. BT have checked for me and they can't even see an order for the new ADSL circuit. My old line has been ceased ahead of schedule so I can't even use that anymore.

I have called to the helpdesk Monday, Tuesday and today and still don't have any further info from anybody I speak to. I keep being told that it will be passed to provisioning but there is no update.

I've already paid the £5.88 to move my circuit and still paying for a service I haven't got.

Getting ready to cancel it to be honest and move to another ISP. Never had any problems with Plusnet and always recommended to people looking for an ISP but this is poor service.
31 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Hi there,

I can't discuss details of your account here however I can let you know that I have updated your ticket.
N/A

Don't do it. Cancel immediately whilst you can.

John
ibz2002
Dabbler

I informed PN about my house move on the 29/05/06 and gave them the required info and payment. I am STILL waiting for my new telehone line to be enabled.

PN state five working days for an account transfer to a new telephone number which is a load of rubbish, and would like to say that i totally agree with you about poor PN service.
ID
Grafter

Same topic of moving just a diff Q?
With the facility of allowing extra phone no's to use our accounts elsewhere (I have never actually done this) I cant see why it is so difficult in moving address. Eg why cant PN just add the new phone no. to the account and change the account details (ie address)there end. Is it BTw stopping this?
Also what are the limits to that facility. would i have to disconnect my modem/router to be able to log on thru the phone no. submitted

Sorry for Hijacking the thread but it seemed relevent when i wrote it Tongue
ibz2002
Dabbler

A question for PPN(poor plus net), since they seem to answer here more quickly than on the help desk.

WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING WITH MY ACCOUNT TRANSFER AND WHY SUCH A BLOODY DELAY!

I have paid you for the transfer and am sill paying you for my broadband!
I have been without internet for over THREE WEEKS!

Can someone at PN sort this out!
N/A

your in for a wait

hi not going to be what you want to here but i applied for a house move on the 27trh may, i was told the 5th of june then the 9th june, well they reported a fault on friday last week to bt 2 weeks give or take after the fault was reported, as it stands im now paying for dial up as well as bb, and endless hr long waits on the phone. so best of luck mate your gonna need it
Community Veteran

Not sure if this might shed light on things. I have been in the same house for 4.5 yrs and each time I move provider it always happens on a Wednesday, I figure that Wednesday is the day of the week they work in my exchange. All three previous adsl switches were on Wednesdays.

If your not moving far could it be that your exchange is worked on for adsl on certain days of the week off on one week at the old house back on at the new one the next. If you are moving off the exchange then you could possably have jsut missed the bt adsl day at the new exchange for that week.

It might be rubbish but certainly for me Wednesdays the day when things are normally done here.

A
N/A

30 old years ago I use to install exchanges and in them days only small village exchanges were unmanned with a weekly/fortnightly maintenance visit. But I should imagine that larger exchanges are now unmanned. So you could be correct in your assumption.
N/A

Thanks or your reply to my question.

Can you give me a freephone dial up number to use while I am without ADSL as I am probably running up quite a bill at the moment ?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Unfortunately we are not able to provide you with a free dial up connection while your broadband is not connected.
Community Veteran

Lack of a free dial up is a shame. I seam to recall my last provieder had a dial up service which was activated by them in the instance that the bb connection was down for any period. When the BB came back on the access to the free dial up was removed.

It was done by CS who only allowed certain user logons to be used on the free service at their discretion.

This might be another feature for plusnet to consider in the current re-design of things.

A
N/A

When it is plusnets fault my ADSL move is delayed and I have no broadband and they have admitted that they ordered the cct incorrectly from BT I thought they might be more accomodating.
N/A

If not a free 0800 number at least a normal 01 or 02 number will be better than a 0845. In the evenings most users telephone plans 01 and 02 numbers will only cost 5p for an hour.
N/A

My new go live date for my ADSL was yesterday but I still don't have it.

Could somebody have a look into this please ?