cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL is not adsl

N/A

ADSL is not adsl

Can anyone please point me in the easiest way to get my MAC? do i have to call up or can i email it in?

the reason being that my DSL is so slow as to be unworkable. I routinely get 14-15k/s in the early morning or after midnight as well as at peak times. these are pulling from microsoft and creative servers etc.

my bittorrent will not allow me to pull down game demos at more than 3K a second and it looks like they are filtered too

I also have to say i wasnt the least bit happy to find that the 2Mbit "unlimited" (plusnets words not mine) is infact very limited really. I understand the costs involved in heavy downloaders, however my point is that this is false advertising.

I am in a very quiet suburb of aberdeen so i dont expect huge amounts of people are on this. never the less when i was with BTbroadband i was getting 200-210K/s off peak and 80-90k/s peak.

At present i am downloading soundblaster drivers at 230MB on a 2mb line. it is going to take me around 3 hours. however as i seem to be maxing my connection at 14k/s my webbrowsing is almost non existent on any machine in here!

Sorry PN i was willing to give the benifit of the doubt after all the flames on the forum but this is really unacceptable. ive only had this 1 week and i want to move!
10 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

ADSL is not adsl

If you take a look around the forum posts from the last week or so you will see that we have made some changes to improve P2P etc which will kick in after your next billing date. For the full details see here.

Having said that speeds that slow are more likely to be caused by other factors than by the management we have in place. You'll know for sure after you've been billed again.

If you do decide to leave us, then any cancellation or MAC requests must be done in writing, the easiest way to do this is to use our link:Contact Us system.
N/A

ADSL is not adsl

Plusnet havnt sold this package as unlimited in over a year m8.

Secondly, if its http downloads affected to then theres a problem somewhere as these speeds are just not normal.

ON premier for me atm.

HTTP: 220K/s avg
Torrents, 180+ avg
Usenet 240K/s avg

on a 2mbit line.

I do around 30 gig a month these days cant complain
Community Veteran

ADSL is not adsl

Have you done a BT Speedtest?
N/A

ADSL is not adsl

Just to let you know, I found downloading the SoundBlaster drivers too slow as well, however I did a google search for the file name, and I went to a different site with the same drivers and the download speed was fine.

Sorry I dont remember exactly where though! :roll:
N/A

ADSL is not adsl

Microsoft update, is chance of a good server and link. doesnt matter if ur on a dedicated 100mbit link. its still pure luck getting a fast server.

Same with creative from past experience although creative usually isnt as bad.

it seems this persons problems are alittle more severe though :/
sputty
Grafter

ADSL is not adsl

If your thinking of moving from PN, try out these http://www.bethere.co.uk

Up to 24 meg download speed
Up to 1.3 meg upload speed
Unlimited Internet access
No download caps
Free high specification wireless Be Box modem**

If your exchange is enabled for ADSL2+ (London Only ATM) you will be laughing all the way to the bank. Mine isnt due to be enabled until Approx May 2006, I will give this a serious look around then, Unless PN are thinking ahead for this Technology

**ADSL 2+ enabled
4 port 10/100 megs Ethernet switch (1 port reserved for future use)
54 megs 802.11 b/g wireless interface
2 voice over broadband ports (future use)
1 analog back-up (future use)
OS Independent (Ethernet)
N/A

ADSL is not adsl

bbrown, I read over that link quickly, but are my eyes diseaving me or does that link say P2P speeds will be restricted to 250kbsHuh What the?! You gotta be kidding right?
But coming to think of it thats almost 20 TIMES FASTER than the 1.2kb/sec torrent speed i'm getting at the moment. WOOHOO!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

ADSL is not adsl

I think you need to read it through again, as this is not the case until you have used up quite a lot of data transfer and is only at peak times.
N/A

ADSL is not adsl

If your thinking of moving from PN, try out these http://www.bethere.co.uk

Up to 24 meg download speed
Up to 1.3 meg upload speed
Unlimited Internet access
No download caps
Free high specification wireless Be Box modem**

If your exchange is enabled for ADSL2+ (London Only ATM) you will be laughing all the way to the bank. Mine isnt due to be enabled until Approx May 2006, I will give this a serious look around then, Unless PN are thinking ahead for this Technology

**ADSL 2+ enabled
4 port 10/100 megs Ethernet switch (1 port reserved for future use)
54 megs 802.11 b/g wireless interface
2 voice over broadband ports (future use)
1 analog back-up (future use)
OS Independent (Ethernet)

Be haven't had the best of records, you might want to d some reading before switching
dontbethere.co.uk has some good and some bad sides of bethere
N/A

ADSL is not adsl

I think you need to read it through again, as this is not the case until you have used up quite a lot of data transfer and is only at peak times.

Thanks for clearing at up!