cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL in my area

N/A

ADSL in my area

Hello,

Today (2 hours and 35 minutes ago) BT Wholesale ADSL Checker said I could recieve ASDL in my area, so I quickly hopped over onto the PlusNet website and placed my order.

Now it is processing the "checking if ADSL is in your area..." and I was wondering if PlusNet's records update alongside BT's as I know a few other sites do as I have checked those as I checked BT's.

Thanks,
Williams1662
Eagly waiting for Broadband
12 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL in my area

As far as I know Plus.net check the same records as BT so should be good to go. The only thing is (as my exchange as just been enabled) that BT will only let Plus.net place the order for activation a week after it has been enabled.
N/A

ADSL in my area

Plus Net use the systems provided by BT Wholesale called Eco. This is as up to date and current as the data which is input. So you should see little difference.
N/A

ADSL in my area

There should be no reason why it takes PlusNet a week to submit azn order after the exchange goes live.

BT accept orders for activations from midday on the date of the exchange going live.

As you sure you don't refer to the fact it takes a week for the activation of a line?
N/A

ADSL in my area

Agreed Phillip,

For my home account I placed my order the day my exchange was upgraded. it was processed without difficulty. That was in December 04. i doubt if things have changed since then.
LiamM
Grafter

ADSL in my area

I placed an order two months before my exchange went live, it was submitted to BT, and I was activated 3 days after my exchange went live.
N/A

ADSL in my area

Shockedops: Yea I somewhat jumped the gun there. After actually reading my tickets instead of skimming over them you are all quite right. ahem......
N/A

ADSL in my area

Thanks guys!

I'm eagily waiting for it now. It is currently on the process of waiting for BT to activate my line.

Someone said I will be on mid-next week, but I have the free USB modem coming as well, so I was wondering if it will take longer?

Thanks,
Becen
Brickinit
Grafter

ADSL in my area

i got 2 friends to sign up recently and they were both up and running in about 7 days incuding the weekends
N/A

ADSL in my area

Thanks, I was just a little bit worried that I wont recieve it in 7 days, as I was thinking hardware is sent after the line is activated.

But then again, I think I remember back when BT made a mistake ages ago, and they were sending the hardware out before they had even checked if I could get ADSL, which turned out I couldn't so they quickly canceled it.

-Becen
holdtight
Grafter

ADSL in my area

9 out of 10 times you will recieve the hardware before your line is activated so you should be ok
Brickinit
Grafter

ADSL in my area

well one of them recieved the modem on saturday, i went to install it on the wednesday to find they had been activated on monday. so yes the modem stands a good chance of arriving first.
N/A

ADSL in my area

Holy... You guys have stunned me once again.

Thanks for all the help and this is by far the best community of any ISP I've been with!

Soon I'll have rid of this blasted 56k dial-up.