cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL home move

N/A

ADSL home move

I'm just after a bit of help/advice please.

I have no idea of the status of my attempt to move my ADSL package to my new house except that it hasn't happened now for 12 days now (fair enough, there was a Bank Holiday in there). I've had a ticket (19318522) open about this since last Friday and had no response either.

BT tell me that my ISP has to initiate the ADSL 'switching on' process, but having had a quick look through this tutorial (http://usergroup.plus.net/simprovideorders.php), it appears I may have needed to do all sorts of trickery to get this move done.

Is there anything I can do to help this process along now and also is there a dial-up number I can use in the meantime (all I can see is the PAYG subscription number). Sorry if this has all been covered before or is in an FAQ but I've been looking all over and I'm all trawled out. Thanks.
4 REPLIES
swatty
Grafter

ADSL home move

Couple of things

Have you raised a house move with PN using the Move my ADSL in account details?

This raises an order with the right team in PN who then talk to BT.

If you have a profile on BT.com you can check the progress of any order PN may have placed with BT by checking the url below

http://www2.bt.com/btPortal/application?pageid=btb_ot_page&siteArea=btb.bot&portletid=btb_ot&event=b...

Assuming you have a telephone in your new property should take about 5-7 working days to sort. Though this could be longer

Hope this helps Smiley
N/A

ADSL home move

Cheers for the reply, fella. I filled in the online ADSL form at PlusNet but doubt the new phone line was in my name and activated by BT (they struggled with that one) at that time. That was finally done last week which was when I contacted PlusNet via the ticketing system.

The link you provided to BT shows the line is now activated but shows nothing outstanding about any ADSL stuff (unless that's what "BTT 1 DD E/L ON LINEBOX" means).

It looks like I'm still waiting for PlusNet to contact BT...
swatty
Grafter

ADSL home move

Sounds like PN have not raised the ADSL order

Trick is to action your ticket regularly as you are more likely to get a response.

Know what you are going through 'cos BT connected the phone to my new house yesterday and I moved in on the 22nd of April :roll:
N/A

ADSL home move

Oh man, don't get me started on BT an' all.

Filling in their on-line form does nothing. Called them up in the end and it was apparently a 'simple matter of flicking a switch at the exchange'. So why it took them 6 days I'll never know.

They're on my list. And PlusNet are about to join them. Possibly at a higher entry level than estate agents...