cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL dream on

N/A

ADSL dream on

I have recently signed up with plusnet for ASDL - i know that its a futile gesture - i live in a village in the cotswolds - the nearest exchange is miles away, even in the nearest town - Tetbury, the chances of getting ADSL look pretty poor. So who do we pressure to get the equipment installed - BT - fat chance of them taking any notice. the irony is that for many businesses in the "rural economy" ADSL will give them an equal chance to compete with businesses in the city - and for those that just enjoy the net - the need for speed doesnt end in the suburbs. i only wish that we could rely on BT to get ASDL up and running nationwide efficiently - sadly, past exprience shows that their ability to flounder when it comes to delivering the product is very high. anyway - i have put my application in and look forward to 1st of April - i am also looking forward to winning the lottery riding a grand national winner and growing wings.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL dream on

Well all you can do is try. But if your not within 5.5Km of your exchange you have very little chance I am afraid.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support .................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I have posted on this item previously. The situation is that I live in a village only 1 mile from an ADSL town. Our village IS less then 5.5km from the town's exchange BUT our lines go to a local exchange which is not ADSL. So what are our chances then? SLIM TO NON EXISITANT! What's that, I hear cable knocking at the door!!!!!
N/A

> I have posted on this item previously. The situation is that I live in a village only 1 mile from an ADSL town. Our village IS less then 5.5km from the town's exchange BUT our lines go to a local exchange which is not ADSL. So what are our chances then? SLIM TO NON EXISITANT! What's that, I hear cable knocking at the door!!!!!

I believe it may be possible to have your line re-routed to another exchange but I'm not sure what the costs would be. If you're keen to get ADSL it may be worth enquiring with BT.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

> I have posted on this item previously. The situation is that I live in a village only 1 mile from an ADSL town. Our village IS less then 5.5km from the town's exchange BUT our lines go to a local exchange which is not ADSL. So what are our chances then? SLIM TO NON EXISITANT! What's that, I hear cable knocking at the door!!!!!

Cable knocking - that would be nice as an option but the same profit based selection goes on with cable as it does with ASDL - if the demand is big enough you will get your connection - if its a couple of hundred people the sums dont work and you can go twiddle your thumb. I have cable outside my door - it goes on uninterupted to the next town/ the same logic is applied to all services with the exception of water/electricity - the only way that you will get a connection in the more "rural" parts of the uk is to press government to make it an obligatory requirement - and i dont see that happening to soon - after all we are talking about the number of voters - and we dont add up to much. what we realy need is a sensible approach from BT - all exchanges to be ASDL enabled within 12 months - and a line stretching cure found for those wurzels that live more than 5
5 km away from an exchange.