cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL down yet again

N/A

ADSL down yet again

Well my problem of the last two weeks which seemed to go away on Thursday has returned at some point since Friday lunchtime. DSL light continuously flashing. Ticket raised again. But don't expect a result.

Now if I move to BT then at least I'll be talking to the company who owns the infrastructure which will be one step closer when problems occur.

So day 1 and counting for when this gets fixed.

Moderators note by Chris: All caps title removed, this is considered rude and shouting.
5 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

ADSL down yet again

Now if I move to BT then at least I'll be talking to the company who owns the infrastructure which will be one step closer when problems occur.

Thats not strictly true. You would be dealing with BT Retail Broadband. Even when a fault is raised to them, they still have to go to BT Wholesale like the other ISPs and raise the fault so you wouldn't get it done faster by moving.
N/A

ADSL down yet again

True, but at least they are both BT and whilst not stated I bet they get better service than the other ISPs
Community Veteran

ADSL down yet again

I'm sure everyone on here would be *very* interested if BTr customers were being given preferential treatment by BTw. Especially since BTw are specifically forbidden to do this by OFCOM.
N/A

ADSL down yet again

But it does not stop there as you have now got Openreach. Openreach own the Infrastructure from the users premises to BTw or the LLU equipment.

So as most problems with MaxDSL is with attenuation and SNR and this will fall within Openreach remit can't Plusnet contact Openreach directly or do they still have to go through a 3rd party, either BTw or LLU provider? How inefficient is this?

BTW Openreach are responsible for doing the LLU not BTw.
N/A

ADSL down yet again

Where I live 512Kb is the best speed we can get at the moment, and all I want is a stable 24/7 connection. At the end of the day I don't care who provides it as long as I get the service I pay a lot of money for. LLU MAXDSL 8Mb, I don't care. 1 MB would be really nice.

However - there is a need for the industry to sort itself out regarding the provision of services and customer services.
I don't believe that BT's CS would be any better really.