cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL down this morning!

N/A

ADSL down this morning!

Hi

I have only just been able to connect after trying for over 2 hours this morning, yet your service status page shows everything is ok.

Was it just my end?
15 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

ADSL down this morning!

Hi,

The only reported problem we've had overnight was in Lee Green in London, other than that I'm not aware of there being any other problems.
Community Veteran

ADSL down this morning!

As far as I know, the service status only reports problems within the PlusNet network that they are aware of. ADSL connection issues are often caused by BT maintenance or BT exchange faults, some of which PlusNet are told (as indicated above) and other times when they are not. As such the service status will not change if the fault is outside PlusNets network or control and in a specific exchange. Major service outages that that effect a lot of users that PlusNet are aware of may cause an service status announcement and change to the status indicators.
Brickinit
Grafter

ADSL down this morning!

at this end it does seem very slow, struggled to log on to MSN and to PNET home page
Community Veteran

ADSL down this morning!

No problems at all accessing web sites or this portal. Sounds like a local issue rather than a general PlusNet one.
Brickinit
Grafter

ADSL down this morning!

maybe have to reset my modem as it is getting painfully slow to even access this forum
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

ADSL down this morning!

Hi Happyhound,

Looking at your connection logs there's quite a lot of disconnections showing up this morning. I'd recommend a powercycle of your equipment and just check your connections and filters to make sure everythings connected up properly and if you've added anything new to the line make sure it is filtered.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ADSL down this morning!

I had the same early this morning from 1.20am onwards: loss of traffic; ADSL authentification was failing on rebooting the router; DNS failed for about an hour and so hit any web browsing and email collection. A ticket was submitted at that time. So can't have been that local unless BT where doing work on various exchanges last night. As the known problem exchange is about as far way from me as you can get up here in the highlands.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

ADSL down this morning!

Hi,

Looking through the the planned maintenance notifications we get from BT I've found this one. adp40, your CBUK number is on the list so that explains why your connection dropped. It might also happen again during the window. Looks like there's quite a few of these going on at the moment so that likely explains it for anyone else who was disconnected over night including tigermad.

Dear Customer
This communication is to notify you that Planned Engineering Work is required to be carried out on BTs Broadband Network.
The work involved is necessary, please see statement of work for End User outage.
Planned duration details:
Planned start 18/03/2004 00:00
Planned finish 25/03/2004 06:00
Total Planned time of 174:00 (hours: minutes.)
End User Impact Statement:
A statement and impact to End User for the work being undertaken is shown here:-
*** EMERGENCY PEW*** for TAM deployment project. The Planned Engineering work is required on the attached Broadband Nodes for deployment of Test Access Matrix equipment. There will be an outage to End-Users of 15 minutes within this period.
and the attachment contains a list of your End Users that will be affected along with further important information.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ADSL down this morning!

Time for a service announcement then, a bit late but will let anyone know why they had problems this morning.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

ADSL down this morning!

This notification is one of dozens we get everyday, we are looking at setting up a better system to show details of planned engineering work. Essentially BT are constantly doing maintenance work somewhere, some nights it might only affect a few customers others quite a lot. Unfortunately the data isn't in the most user friendly format.
N/A

ADSL down this morning!

My connection died at 2am ish this morning and has only just now started working again. All i got was "verifying username and password" and then it came up saying the remote computer did not respond. I just checked the exchange status page and it is green and hasnt been updated since the 17th. So i have no idea what happened for the last 12 hours.
csogilvie
Grafter

ADSL down this morning!

The exchange page only deals with Virtual Path issues, not MSO's and Planned Outages.
N/A

ADSL down this morning!

Ok but still doesnt explain why i had no internet for 12 hours. I was just saying about the exchange status page before anyone had said about maybe my exchange was down.
jberry
Grafter

ADSL down this morning!

Hi there,

There are two posibilities for your connection being down for that amount of time. One is that they were performing maintenance on your exchange and it caused you to lose your connection but this then caused other issues - accounting for the downtime.

The second is that there was another fault somewhere in the BT network that they picked up and fixed after 12 hours or so (they do have proactive monitoring for certain network faults as well as access to all the faults raised against a certain exchange - from all ISP's - allowing them to pick up on patterns).

Either way, we cannot investigate it further unless it re-occurs, in which case we can check your line and escalate the fault to BT.

Regards,