cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL connection lost

N/A

ADSL connection lost

My ADSL connection suddenly went down this afternoon and the modem hasn't been able to get a signal in all that time.

I'm currently connecting via 56k modem on my *old* standby ISP, as my plusnet dial-up no longer works. :roll:

Is there a free dial-up modem number to connect to plusnet when ADSL is down?
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL connection lost

The dialup number you can use is listed under connection settings -> connection details

0845 1400101

Just login with your normal username & password.

PN now do a free dialup number when you have lost your connection but you have to go through the fault wizzard and report it as a loss of connection before PN will allow access to the free number.
N/A

ADSL connection lost

Hi,Peter,and thanks. I'm going through the test now but as I'm connected via 56k on another ISP,I'm not sure it's actually working - it just keeps showing a 'test in progress' gif..

Unfortunately I can't afford to tie up the telephone line as I'm waiting for important call.

The portal is painfully slow on 56k.

I think it would be a good idea to have a low bandwidth alternative for times when you need to use 56k.
N/A

ADSL connection lost

Hmm, well the 'initial checks' have been in progress for about an hour now, although it says it should only take a few seconds...is there any way I can skip this stage?

Is there any other way of reporting this problem (aside from this forum and the dreaded 0845 number ?). I can't afford to be this long without a BB connection.
N/A

ADSL connection lost

Now I'm wondering could this be due to LLU??

I've not asked for LLU but according to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
I'm on 8MB... whereas when I was last connected it was at 1MB on the Binatone 500 modem.
N/A

ADSL connection lost

If it says you've got a "highspeed broadband" and "8000 kbps" then the chances are your either maxdsl or llu. LLU is the one known to give people poor or no connection to a limited range of people.
N/A

ADSL connection lost

Don't hold your breath gwilliam, my ADSL has been down for 16 days now after move to LLU.Very little you can do about it, as CS dont really care. Dont bother phoning them either, was on hold for 40 mins the other day without actually speaking to anyone, then it said I could leave my contact details and someone would call me back within 8 hours. I made that phone call roughly 190 hours ago now and guess what.....still no-one has called me!
If you get yours sorted quicker then please give me tips on how you did it.
N/A

ADSL connection lost

any fo you guys with no connection PM me your dsl line numbner and i can get it checked out. A lot of the problems with LLU conversion are being down to bt frames doing a sub optimal job of rejumpering the lines. I can get it tested on the dslam for you though. 15 days is really bad though for a downed line
N/A

ADSL connection lost

Hi sn00kie, 01296 392470. Dont understand what you just said lol but will finding that out help me at all?
N/A

ADSL connection lost

I raised a ticket/question last night.

No reply yet,but I did get an email to say I've been billed for my BB subscription :roll:

I've been a loyal plusnet user for many years. The above comments from others coupled with all the other stuff that's been reported later have got me really worried.

Does anyone from plusnet still read this forum - there was a time when problems like this would have been addressed post haste ? :?:

There was even a time when you could phone them and talk to someone...
N/A

ADSL connection lost

I've been with them for several years too, had 1 problem in the past & resolved within a couple of days & have recommended them to a couple of people. Just a nightmare when something like this happens.
Went down on the Sunday, I raised ticket on the Tuesday & on the Thursday had standard email saying "you have been successfully moved to LLU etc"
Don't want to seem a merchant of doom but it is like banging my head against a brick wall. All I can do is keep checking my ticket in the hope someone might have replied to it and the even remoter hope fault is sorted.
N/A

ADSL connection lost

I'm astounded to hear so many people kept hanging on for days and even weeks without a BB connection.

I'm beginning to get more than annoyed at the moment.

They've just taken my BB sub, even though I don't currently have an effective connection.

My ticket was answered with a standard 'go to fault wizard' reply - all stuff I've already done to no avail.

Meantime I'm paying for a BB that isn't working AND dialling up on an 56k modem via an 0845 number to try and get it resolved (seeing as no human being seems to answers phones at pnet these days).

Having to wait hours,even days, to get a ticket/question answered is maddeningly frustrating.

Being fobbed off with a fault wizard that doesn't even work isn't exactly helpful...

If it wasn't for this forum I'd be making serious moves to leave plusnet right now.

Knowing all these problems are occuring,shouldn't plusnet at least have some provision to fast-track those who've lost BB onto a temporary free dial-up (not that that's really the answer, as it ties up the phone,but at least it would be some small compensation)?

Assuming they have any interest in keeping hold of [once] loyal long-term customers, that is? Sad
N/A

ADSL connection lost

Peters original reply includes a link to details of the free dial up line you can use to access the web

Clicky to free dial up details
N/A

ADSL connection lost

Peters original reply includes a link to details of the free dial up line you can use to access the web

Clicky to free dial up details

Thanks, the link has changed since I first viewed it - the details of the free number are now showing,whereas previously it was blank. :?:

EDIT: unfortunately, although the number works,it won't accept my p/word.

'Sigh'.

If only it was possible to talk to someone at plusnet,stuff like this could be sorted out in a matter of minutes,rather than days. Sad
N/A

ADSL connection lost

0808 numbers do not work on BT lines! :twisted: