cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL broken since last night - anybody answering tickets ?

N/A

Hi all
Great stuff.
Plusnet and I only have to put up with each other for another month before we emigrate - and now the blasted adsl line's busted again.

Dial in via PAYG (what's the chance of a refund on that - it's not the first time they've broken the adsl - about the 5th time I reckon) - go through the b***dy silly 'help' wizard thing - leave a ticket - and get the respose 'it looks like there might be a fault in our systems !

So - how long would I expect to wait for a response to last night's ticket ?
Are Plusnet going to get it fixed before we leave the UK in early August ?
Why do subscribers continue to pay for such an unreliable service and indifferent support ?

Tune in next week for the naswer to these and many other questions.......

Lord - what a company !

Anybody there.......Huh?

Adrian
Still in Suffolk - still very pi**ed off.....
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL broken since last night - anybody answering tickets

Hi Adrian,

Sorry to be all doom and gloom, but my plusnet ADSL stopped working on 21st June and I am still waiting. The line problem is Tiscali, who do LLU for plusnet in order to get the 8Mbit service to us punters.

Tiscali are taking 10 working days (according to plusnet's website) to fix problems at the moment, which means I'll be back on line 2nd week July. Oh joy.

Commiserations,

Jeremy
N/A

Good luck, I also had an upgrade for about 1 week and half and then my line died withouy any warning...I have had no connection since the 18th June and still Tiscali have not looked at the issue.

So hope you have better luck than me!
N/A

HI Both

Gosh - that's pretty dire - what the heck are they playing at ??

Remind me again here - did we all sign up to a second-rate cheapie service with Tiscali - or did we all pay good money for a 'proper' account through Plusnet ??

If they're going to take that long to sort it all out I might as well cancel my monthly payments and stick with a dial-up connection - what a bunch of clowns !

Don't suppose anybody from Plusnet's around......

.....no - thought not......

Ho hum !

Adrian
even more pi**ed off than I was before !
(not your fault , guys - down to those twits in charge of Plusnet)
N/A

I've got exactly the same problem - ADSL down, zero support just the crappy telephone number that is never answered. If I don't get my connection sorted within the next day or so I'll be leaving - thing is 3 family members also also customers - I am their technical support - so with a bit of prodding they will be leaving too.

So to any PlusNet staff reading this - fix my service pronto or you won't just lose 1 customer - you'll lose 4.
N/A

dont hold your breath im afraid , 270 hours now and counting since posting my problem ticket.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
N/A

Hi all
Quite a few of us, aren't there ?
Especially when you consider that a fair proportion of the Plusnet subscribers with failed adsl connections won't actulally be able to get onto these forums....

...or even know where these forums are....

so I wonder how many Plusnut users are actually unable to connect......

Anyway - I've answered my own question - "Is there anybody answering tickets ?"

The answer's a big fat NO!

And all this after that nice email we all got about how Customer Service was the new priority - anybody remember that one.... ?

What appalling service ! (or lack of...)

Adrian
N/A

(I know it's sad, replying to your own posts - but ....<g>)

Suddenly, this morning - it's all working again.....

Steady sync light on the router, and (after a couple of 'false starts' (rebooting the router)) we've got internet connectivity again.

Now call me difficult to please - but I can't help wondering 'what's happened ?', followed shortly by 'and will it stay fixed'.

And I know what the Plusnet Support response will be - when they finally get round to answering my ticket ...... "We see that you have logged in since raising this ticket and so we assume that everything is now working" - grrr !

All very unreliable, and, if I wasn't leaving the country then I'd certainly be leaving Plusnet!

Adrian
back online at a pathetic 1152k - but hey, we should be grateful for small mercies. After all - we're only customers...!
N/A

Lucky you, apart from 2 days I have now been without adsl for 6 weeks, first it's a system fault then it's line is fine then try another router etc and then we will raise this with bt.

For crying out loud get your fingers out of your *rses and support your customers.

And no apologies for the language, I actually want to type a lot worse.
N/A

Hi all

Knew it was too good to last.....

ADSL worked ok (but slow) all day yesterday.

This morning - very much a case of 'lights on - no-one home'.
ADSL completely screwed, router can't sync, and we're back to good old dial-up @ 56k again......

And still no answer to my original ticket !

What can you do ??
Adrian
canny
Grafter

Add me to the list of ignored users who have no ADSL - I've 'only' been down a week so far but they haven't even confirmed that they are trying to fix this yet so I might end up swapping to another provider before it gets sorted out.

Absolutely pathetic service.