cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Wall Jack Missing?

N/A

ADSL Wall Jack Missing?

I've fallen at the 1st hurdle! I've got my box & in it is another box with my USB modem 2 cables & filter in it. The instructions tell me to plug the RJ-11 ADSL Cable into the ADSL Wall Jack. All I have to plug it into is a Phone Socket, which of course it doesn't fit. When I ordered there was some talk of a "splitter". However there is nothing else in the box. Am I missing something?
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Wall Jack Missing?

> I've fallen at the 1st hurdle! I've got my box & in it is another box with my USB modem 2 cables & filter in it. The instructions tell me to plug the RJ-11 ADSL Cable into the ADSL Wall Jack. All I have to plug it into is a Phone Socket, which of course it doesn't fit. When I ordered there was some talk of a "splitter". However there is nothing else in the box. Am I missing something?

Plug the filter into the phone socket (the filter is also referred to as a "splitter") then plug you your ADSL cable into the relevant socket in the filter and your phone into the other...voila happy surfing.

N/A

> I've fallen at the 1st hurdle! I've got my box & in it is another box with my USB modem 2 cables & filter in it. The instructions tell me to plug the RJ-11 ADSL Cable into the ADSL Wall Jack. All I have to plug it into is a Phone Socket, which of course it doesn't fit. When I ordered there was some talk of a "splitter". However there is nothing else in the box. Am I missing something?

Hi Nick,

The filter should plug into the phone socket. You should then be able to plug the RJ-11 lead from the modem into one side of the filter and your phone in the other. Let me know if you have any further problems.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

> Plug the filter into the phone socket (the filter is also referred to as a "splitter") then plug you your ADSL cable into the relevant socket in the filter and your phone into the other...voila happy surfing.
>

Isn't working ..... the filter won't plug into the phone socket either!

N/A

No - it's not like that!

The cables DO match up with the instructions, which show the filter pluging into the modem phone socket, & the RJ-11 cable into the line socket. The problem is that the RJ-11 cable doesn't fit my wall socket as shown in the diagram (no surprises there) nor does my phone fit the filter. I get the impression I have a US kit & need some adapters for the UK.

> The filter should plug into the phone socket. You should then be able to plug the RJ-11 lead from the modem into one side of the filter and your phone in the other. Let me know if you have any further problems.
N/A

No - the filter has an RJ-11 (small) plug that fits the modem, but not the telephone socket, & one female socket the size of the RJ-11 plug which the phone obviously won't fit.

I don't think I have the right cables!

> No - it's not like that!
>
> The cables DO match up with the instructions, which show the filter pluging into the modem phone socket, & the RJ-11 cable into the line socket. The problem is that the RJ-11 cable doesn't fit my wall socket as shown in the diagram (no surprises there) nor does my phone fit the filter. I get the impression I have a US kit & need some adapters for the UK.
>
> > The filter should plug into the phone socket. You should then be able to plug the RJ-11 lead from the modem into one side of the filter and your phone in the other. Let me know if you have any further problems.
>

N/A

Hi Nick,

You should have the correct cable with your modem, please check against the shipping documentation. If you raise this issue via our Contact Us system, we will investigate for you.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----