cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Upgrade questions

N/A

ADSL Upgrade questions

I am currently an ADSL home user and am very happy with the service I get from PlusNet. I am currently thinking about setting up in business and would want to use my existing hardware setup to run a commercial website on my webspace. I know that I can't use my existing account for commercial use but I want to know what steps I would have to go through, and what the cost would be, to upgrade my ADSL Residential account, to the equivalent Business account that would allow me to host a commercial site. I do not want to change my hardware setup at all i.e. I don't see any reason why I would have to pay an installation or activation fee to anyone, as it is already installed and activated. I only envisgae an increase in my monthly subscription charge, is this the case?

Steve
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Upgrade questions

> I am currently an ADSL home user and am very happy with the service I get from PlusNet. I am currently thinking about setting up in business and would want to use my existing hardware setup to run a commercial website on my webspace. I know that I can't use my existing account for commercial use but I want to know what steps I would have to go through, and what the cost would be, to upgrade my ADSL Residential account, to the equivalent Business account that would allow me to host a commercial site. I do not want to change my hardware setup at all i.e. I don't see any reason why I would have to pay an installation or activation fee to anyone, as it is already installed and activated. I only envisgae an increase in my monthly subscription charge, is this the case?
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

You can upgrade to an ADSL Netstart account which would not involve another installation fee. The only change would be to the subscription fee and you would also benefit from the increased webspace and bandwidth allowance on ADSL Netstart. If you want to go ahead with this please raise a Contact Us ticket and we can make the necessary changes.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

RE: ADSL Upgrade questions

Just been reading the acceptable usage policy regarding ADSL Home and is states, "For guidance we consider commercial use to be at a level above that which is running a part time business or supporting any kind of hobby etc". This implies that I would be able to host my part-time business, on my webspace, without the need for upgrading my account. Please can you further clarify your position on this?