cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Tests

N/A

ADSL Tests

Thought you guys would like to know this little gem of info.

You can check your distance from the exchange by dialing 17070 Select 3,1 and 2 you will then get dialled back with the info.

M. >:>
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Tests

This is not anything to make a decision on whether or not you can have ADSL. PlusNet and BT have a number of tests to perform on a line to ensure that the quality and signal strength is such that ADSL will be reliable.

Kind regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support .................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Kevin,

This wasn't meant to be the be all and end all of tests, I thought it would be a good starting point for your users to have a play with.

Glad to see you still have the communication skills taught to you by Matt Francis......
;-)

> This is not anything to make a decision on whether or not you can have ADSL. PlusNet and BT have a number of tests to perform on a line to ensure that the quality and signal strength is such that ADSL will be reliable.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> | Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support .................. for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>

fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Chaps,

Bit of a disclaimer:

This is a well published BT number, and while BT don't mind you using it too much they do ask that you do so out of peak hours. The system has a very low capacity and I believe it can be quite frustrating for the guys up the poles when they can't get a test line because loads of people are playing with this.

:bounce:

Best Wishes,

Ian
PlusNet Customer Support