cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Service

N/A

ADSL Service

I have put this in a support ticket, but since noone replied to it, I thought this might be a more appropriate place for such a comment.

On friday I bought an ADSL modem to use with my newly activated line. I set it up, and it was no-go. Apparently the username and password were not valid.

After contacting your support desk, I tried a BT test account, which worked successfully. I was asked to try another BT test account, which didnt work - I can deduce from that that my line and equipment work OK, but something your end doesnt.

I was informed it was something to do with the router and realm at your end. After waiting several hours for a response to a "How long until its fixed" question, I couldnt wait any longer and phoned instead. I was told it is a fault that will need reporting to BT - who will "respond" (not fix) at a minimum of 48 hours.

I asked about the possibility of using a temporary account until such time that mine was working. I was told there was no possibility, and that I had to use 0845 dial-up.

I am interested to know, therefore, why I have been charged for my first months use when I don't even have a working account with you. I understand it may be a problem with BT (and trust me, I know what BT can be like r.e BT Anytime), but at the end of the day, I am dealing with you, not BT. I am annoyed that even though I was told it was active, my line still doesnt work, and even worse, I have been charged for the priviledge.

Yours,

Rikki Tissier
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: ADSL Service

> I have put this in a support ticket, but since noone replied to it, I thought this might be a more appropriate place for such a comment.
Rikki,
Your ticket was actioned (it's an open ticket, not a new one)
> After contacting your support desk, I tried a BT test account, which worked successfully. I was asked to try another BT test account, which didnt work - I can deduce from that that my line and equipment work OK, but something your end doesnt.
To me this looks like BT have incorrectly configured the jumpering / realm at your local exchange. A fault has been raised to BT and we hope to have a response shortly.

> I am interested to know, therefore, why I have been charged for my first months use when I don't even have a working account with you. I understand it may be a problem with BT (and trust me, I know what BT can be like r.e BT Anytime), but at the end of the day, I am dealing with you, not BT. I am annoyed that even though I was told it was active, my line still doesnt work, and even worse, I have been charged for the priviledge.
We are at the moment directing our energies into resolving your ADSL fault. We will look into the possibility of recompense with BT once this is resolved (we can normally obtain compensation on ADSL lines that have never worked - this is known as Early Life Failure).
Be assured that this is in hand, and we hope to have your DSL service restored as soon as is possible.
Kind Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----