cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Router...

N/A

ADSL Router...

At the moment, I currently got a DLink 504+ ADSL router since 2003, reckon it is time for a nice upgrade and probably solve my long suffering problem with MaxDSL for the past 22 days ...

What shall I get? Would be nice to get an all in one ADSL/wireless router... Got to be under a decent price (And next day delivery!)
10 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Router...

what problems are you having with your current modem?

**EDIT** sorry, just read your previous posts. For what it's worth, I use a netgear DG834Gv2 (the wired equivalent is DG834v2) without any issues. This is a modem, router, switch and firewall all in one box. Cheapest I've found suprisingly is at PC world - as long as you order on line and collect in store, avoiding the delivery charges (£59.98 - can anyone get a better price?)
N/A

ADSL Router...

I just had an email back from Plus.net to do the 'usual checking' of the router etc.

I spotted a firmware upgrade for the current router I have but somewhat knowing that isn't going to solve the problem :/

"As we can find no fault there is a possibility BT may also find no fault and you might be charged £46.00 + VAT for this."

I don't like the sound of _that_ at all Sad I don't want to be charged as I had enough as it is!! :/
N/A

ADSL Router...

Community Veteran

ADSL Router...

I just had an email back from Plus.net to do the 'usual checking' of the router etc.

I spotted a firmware upgrade for the current router I have but somewhat knowing that isn't going to solve the problem :/

"As we can find no fault there is a possibility BT may also find no fault and you might be charged £46.00 + VAT for this."

I don't like the sound of _that_ at all Sad I don't want to be charged as I had enough as it is!! :/

huh? do you want advice on which router to buy or help with a connection issue? You won't get router advice via support tickets...

FWIW I would reccomend the netgear DG834 series personally I have a DG834GT and my grandparents have a DG834G both of which work flawlessly.
N/A

ADSL Router...

Ugh.. I just looked back on my posting and just managed to make a complete mess of it. My apology.

Just want router advices from you guys. But thanks anyway.

*toddles back to boring work*
Slipperymack
Grafter

ADSL Router...

I have a DG834 and it works really well, simple installation etc. Cheapest at present is at Amazon.co.uk, where it is about £49ish :?:

Hope this helps
N/A

ADSL Router...

I have Netgear DG834G and would recommend the Netgear range.
There is a strong following on these forums of Netgear stuff, so odd's are, you'll get a lot of recomendations for their stuff. (The great things there plenty of folks around here who know how to set-up diagnose and resolve prob's etc)
N/A

ADSL Router...

you mentioned you wanted built in wireless so you need to look at the DG834G which will be a bit more expensive than the prices quoted in this thread for the non-wireless DG834
docrobster
Grafter

ADSL Router...

Argos are doing the dg834g and usb adapter bundle for 79.99 at the moment. I got one in my lunch break last week! No delivery charge and no waiting for the postie.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

ADSL Router...

When I wanted wireless I obtained an access point to plug in to my DG834. These can be obtained for under £40.

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/computing/networking/wireless-access-points/187253/prices
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)