cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Question

N/A

ADSL Question

Hi support,

As you know at current I have ADSL 500 (business). It was initialy installed in my home as I needed to work from home and had to host a temporary development webserver. However I've now moved back into the office and I now no longer need ADSL Business. However I do not wish to lose the ADSL connection as i do still use it for myself. Therefore can we please arrange at the end of the current quarter to have my ADSL equipment downgraded to that ADSL Home. Simply because I don't want now be paying 2x the amont for a service that is not needed or now not being payed for by my work. Please can you tell me what this will cost. If it works out too expensive then I may have to consider closing my account. Not that I actually want to. Please give us my options.

Many Thanks

Gary
13 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Question

Good Morning,

Unfortunately you are tied to a 12 month contract. It is not possible for the equipment to be removed without paying a termination penalty of the remainder of the years subscription.

BT will not allow a regrade across USB/Ethernet, although they are planning to allow a download speed regrade option (2000/1000/500).

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant   for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

Well ive alreaday payed for 12 months. Im in my last quarter now and has just been payed (finishes in Jan I think). Therefore if I said I didnt want to use it no more I wouldnt have to pay anthing, rightHuh?

So, what im saying when my 12 month contract finishes (in Jan) I want the ADSL business to stop and ADSL home version put in its replace. Simply because I dont want to pay that much for business as its now not needed as I dont work from home no more.

Help me out with a soultion here. And tell me what its going to cost. Thats all I wanna know, not what bt's rules are etc that dont intrest me.

Many Thanks
N/A

I'll just check your account details and post back a confirmation...

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
N/A

ok but dont change anything. I dont want anything done now i just wanna find out how this will take place and how much it will cost. Thats all

Many Thanks

Gary
N/A

Sorry about that,

As your account is now paid up, at the end of your contract period you can basically do what you wish.

If you want to have a USB connection, installation would be £176, and the account would be £46.99 per month, both including VAT.

You would need to pay for the installation as you cannot regrade as I described earlier.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
N/A

> Sorry about that,
>
> As your account is now paid up, at the end of your contract period you can basically do what you wish.
>

Thats good news

> If you want to have a USB connection, installation would be £176, and the account would be £46.99 per month, both including VAT.
>

Im on the understanding that installation is currently 1/2 price - whens does this offer finish?

> You would need to pay for the installation as you cannot regrade as I described earlier.
>

Ok but effectivly im now making another account yes? But i dont want to lose all the settings in my current account would it be possible for your guys to transform my current account to that over to my new one? as so i keep my email address etc.

> If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Duncan
> --
> | Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Senior Technical Consultant   for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------

N/A

Also as ive already got ADSL installed does a engineer have to come out againHuh?? cos last time I had loads of agro.

Seems silly as all I wanna do is change my account type at your end. Everything is already installed. Basically Im on the understanding all thats needed is to re-config my router to act like that of a USB modem. If i have to just change that bit of equipment would it not work out cheaper if you just poseted that out to me as effectivly its a simple as plugging in a phone.

and lastly should i put the order in now for the change over in jan or just wait till jan.

Regards

Gary
N/A

on another note you can degrade down to ADSL Professional cant you? This will work out £20 a month cheaper for me. Ok its not as cheap the the home version but looking at it I wont need to have an engineer come round, you can remotly reconfigure my router to that back to NAT as I believe No-NAT only works on the higher business products. As i dont that now anyway as i dont have to run a webserver. So would this be a better possible option?
N/A

Ok well then looking at the options. I think the best thing to do would be to wait till near the end of the contract and put in a request in the contact us to move the account to ADSL professional. How much time will you need to action this properly? Also will this mean that I dont have to change any of my account or lose any email address etc? Also what happens with my domains I have 2 free domains but on professional I only have 1 but can still host 3. Im assuming now ive paid 1 year on the account im on currently i can keep all my domains but only one of them will be renewed for free and you will then charge me when the others need renewing.

Is thier anything else I should know when changing my account?
N/A

> Also as ive already got ADSL installed does a engineer have to come out againHuh?? cos last time I had loads of agro.
>
> Seems silly as all I wanna do is change my account type at your end. Everything is already installed. Basically Im on the understanding all thats needed is to re-config my router to act like that of a USB modem. If i have to just change that bit of equipment would it not work out cheaper if you just poseted that out to me as effectivly its a simple as plugging in a phone.
>
> and lastly should i put the order in now for the change over in jan or just wait till jan.
>
> Regards
>
> Gary

Hi Gary,

Basically our hands are tied. When changing account type where different hardware is involved they have to literally rip out the old hardware (router) and install new hardware (modem). An engineer has to come out to do this, this is BT procedure and there's nothing we can do to change that, unfortunately.

As for when to pay, you'll need to order it closer to the time, payment is taken when the equipment is installed so even though the ADSL is half price at the moment, that offer is currently flagged to finish at the end of the year (at BT's end).

That said they may extend it, so don't lose hope.

As I was typing this your other question came in so I'll answer that now:

At the end of your contract you could regrade your equipment to Professional, be aware though that BT charge £75 + VAT for the router reconfiguration.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
N/A

> Ok well then looking at the options. I think the best thing to do would be to wait till near the end of the contract and put in a request in the contact us to move the account to ADSL professional. How much time will you need to action this properly? Also will this mean that I dont have to change any of my account or lose any email address etc? Also what happens with my domains I have 2 free domains but on professional I only have 1 but can still host 3. Im assuming now ive paid 1 year on the account im on currently i can keep all my domains but only one of them will be renewed for free and you will then charge me when the others need renewing.
>
> Is thier anything else I should know when changing my account?

It takes around 4 working days for a regrade. All your account settings will stay the same, and as for your domains you're correct, you'd get one free and pay for one of them.

Regards,
Mike

--
N/A

BTW Mike any news on the 128K FRIACO packages yet?
N/A

> BTW Mike any news on the 128K FRIACO packages yet?

Hi Gary,

Not at the minute. My Team Leader is looking into it ... I'll make sure you're the first to know if there's any progress.

Regards,
Mike

--