Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Pricing

taeppa
Dabbler

ADSL Pricing

Hi,

I've just applied for ADSL wires only from Plusnet on an annual contract.

BT announced on Thursday that they plan to cut prices on ADSL 'substantially' to stimulate consumer demand. If the price reduction is so substantial that Plusnet is able to pass any of this on to end users, will annual contract holders be locked in for a year to the original price, or will we all benefit?

Regards

Ken
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: ADSL Pricing

> Hi,
>
> I've just applied for ADSL wires only from Plusnet on an annual contract.
>
> BT announced on Thursday that they plan to cut prices on ADSL 'substantially' to stimulate consumer demand. If the price reduction is so substantial that Plusnet is able to pass any of this on to end users, will annual contract holders be locked in for a year to the original price, or will we all benefit?
>
> Regards
>
> Ken
Hmmm
That thought also struck me, and I bet that having just signed up and got ADSl that I will have lost out?
:deadhead:

--
Regards
John
N/A

> Hi,
>
>
> BT announced on Thursday that they plan to cut prices on ADSL 'substantially' to stimulate consumer demand. If the price reduction is so substantial that Plusnet is able to pass any of this on to end users, will annual contract holders be locked in for a year to the original price, or will we all benefit?
>
> Regards
>
> Ken

yep got me thinking aswell.............. Now come on then support put our minds at rest and let it be good news Smiley
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Chaps,

Theres nothing to worry about here... We have a track record of being the FIRST to pass on the benefits of any cuts in the wholesale price of DSL to every one of our customers.

There are no specific details yet, just a lot of rumours which I would prefer not to fuel further. We are watching developments closely and it is our aim to ensure that our customers always receive the best value and quality service available anywhere.

Best Wishes,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> Hi,
>
>
>
> Regards
>
> Ken

Once again, we see PlusNet staff beating around the bush. Yes, price reductions are in the pipeline from BT wholesale, which basically means PlusNet can buy ADSL lines cheaper, thus passing on the savings to NEW subscribers. So, Unfortunately, as a CURRENT subscriber, you are locked in to a 12 month CONTRACT. You will not see any savings passed on until your 12 month contract ends.

Alternatives I am considering are Pipex - who, despite BT not making any definite reductions AS OF YET, have already made their ADSL products cheaper (29.95 inc VAT p/month for a 500k connection) Obviously, a big company like pipex is looking at the long term, and is offering this price cut to something like the first 40,000, and pipex's network is reputably one of the best in the UK...

N/A

Please can Plusnet clarify.

If you have signed up for a 12 month contract, is the monthly rate fixed for the term of the contract or is it variable in line with any changes to the current pricing?
N/A

Good Morning,

Until we recieve clarification from BT regarding the alleged proposed price cuts we cannot disclose any accurate information.

Rest assured however, we will pass on the information once we have recieved confirmation from BT.

--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support .......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----

fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed this. In my last post I said

"We have a track record of being the FIRST to pass on the benefits of any cuts in the wholesale price of DSL to every one of our customers."

I'm not sure how this was beating about the bush?

I can assure you that we are committed to offering the best value possible on our DSL products and as such we will certainly pass on the benefits of any changes to wholsale DSL pricing to all of our customers.

Regards,

Ian