cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Price Wars

N/A

ADSL Price Wars

I'm happy with the current £22.99 a month subscription but I can't help but notice that other ISPs are gearing up to start similar services for a minimum of £19.99 a month.

£3 a month less would equal the equivalent of 12 months for the price of 11 with current £22.99 charge.

I just wanted to know, does PlusNet expect to compete with these prices or will I have to pay another £50 activation to get onto the cheapest ADSL ISP?
6 REPLIES
Grimbo
Grafter

RE: ADSL Price Wars

> I'm happy with the current £22.99 a month subscription but I can't help but notice that other ISPs are gearing up to start similar services for a minimum of £19.99 a month.

Personally I would rather pay a little extra and have a guarantee of service rather than forcing Plusnet to cut costs and delay any improvements.
N/A

> I'm happy with the current £22.99 a month subscription but I can't help but notice that other ISPs are gearing up to start similar services for a minimum of £19.99 a month.
>
> £3 a month less would equal the equivalent of 12 months for the price of 11 with current £22.99 charge.
>
> I just wanted to know, does PlusNet expect to compete with these prices or will I have to pay another £50 activation to get onto the cheapest ADSL ISP?

Hi,

There are no plans at present to alter our prices but do remember that we are now offering the ADSL Home Surf account at £20.99 per month, you are free to downgrade to this at the end of your current contract period if you wish to do so.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

whats the difference in the 2 accounts?
N/A

I'm also happy with the current charges considering what plusnet throw in with the account. Webspace, cgi, webstats...can't go wrong!! What ISP gives all that at £22.99 a month??

> > I'm happy with the current £22.99 a month subscription but I can't help but notice that other ISPs are gearing up to start similar services for a minimum of £19.99 a month.
>
> Personally I would rather pay a little extra and have a guarantee of service rather than forcing Plusnet to cut costs and delay any improvements.

N/A

> whats the difference in the 2 accounts?
Hi Gary,
The ADSL Home Surf account is a stripped down version of the ADSL Home. The main difference is it does not allow you to use p2p apps such as Morpheus or eDonkey2000, and you can only use our news feed. It's ideal if you just want high-speed browsing and email.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

It would be bad if Plusnet ever decided to get into price wars, their packages at the moment are perfectly priced and exceptional value considering all the features you get with them.

Cost cutting would result in a poorer service, dont believe me then check out the Pipex forums on ISPReview.

Just my tuppeny hapenny's worth
(or a penny's worth if i cost cut)

Ali